mouth

FAA waiver for Demo HELP

My daughters HS wants to have a demo jump into their new stadium. Got everything planned out and organized but the pilot waited till last Fri to request waiver (class C air space) so they denied it. Any ideas of how we can still get it done? They said the helo is ok just not the jumping which doesn't make sense at ALL.

Anyone got a conncection or is FAA just that way?

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

It’s really not the pilot’s responsibility to file the 7711-2. There are several reasons they would say no. If it is into a stadium they will require all the jumpers to Pro Rated, the application did not provide the required information or they felt the landing area was not adequate. They will let the chopper fly because it is flying and the jumpers are falling over and into a congested area. Recent history of jumpers taking out spectators during demos or just screwing themselves into the ground also has a ripple effect at other FSDO offices. Try to set something up for a later date complete and the paperwork and walk it through yourself. In the mean time you might visit the FSDO office and introduce yourself and make them fell all warm and fuzzy. It helps.

Sparky

You can down load the form here.

http://forms.faa.gov/forms/faa7711-2.pdf
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Don't forget the 30 day requirement. If you file the paperwork in under 30 days to demo date, they CAN deny it based on the time alone. Not always will, but they clearly can.

What is your reference for the 30 day requirement? Read AC105-2c....
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Was I negligent on the dates in the past?:o
It's 45 days, local FAA boys always insist on 30 days.
As stated in the instructions on the 7711-2.
Miss the dude that retired...he was awesome. 3 day turn around...he trusted me to have my shit in one sock.
B|

Was I negligent on the dates in the past?:o
It's 45 days, local FAA boys always insist on 30 days.
As stated in the instructions on the 7711-2.
Miss the dude that retired...he was awesome. 3 day turn around...he trusted me to have my shit in one sock.
B|

If the FSDO/local FAA doesn't know you, you're not likely to get cleared so close to the demo date. Many of my demos were done under my old DZO. She was on first name basis with the local FSDO. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/LicensesampRatings/PRORatingsDemoJumps/tabid/89/Default.aspx

The section of uspa.org is handy. If i need fresh copies i just go there. Make sure everything is filled out right and sometimes they will ask for credientals. They never file the damn things until the week of, anyway. >:( Don't forget the NOTAM.;)

If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

OK ....filed it 7 days in advance...didn't know.

Pilot filed...big mistake. Where do I get a copy of this wonderful piece of paper? Does it have idiot instructions?

Art and Crew are ALL pro rated and I hold a D license and was doing a tandem in the friggin mascot uniform.

Don't know where the office near here is to GO IN PERSON. I hope not ATL...I Don't have time to drive to ATL to meet and kiss ass.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I was lucky enough to have a good relationship with my local FSDO Office and got one in 24 hours for DARE once, but you shouldnt make a habit of it. The pro rated guys should know what to do for this. I will give some advice if you have the local P.D. on board and EMS and include letters from them it may help. Make sure you maps are the proper size. Further: I beleive that the passenger must be rated for the demo as well on a tandem. Or the TI must get a waiver which is another headache. I did a mascot on a tandem once and it was not a pro rated demo but the mascot had to be rated with a D license. You did say stadium which leads me to beleive pro rating required. Your local S&TA should jump in and help out so to speak.

Where do I get a copy of this wonderful piece of paper? Does it have idiot instructions?

In my first post I encluded a link to the form that can be fill out on you computer and printed out. Makes it nice and easy.

You can mail it in but it is usally better to hand walk it.

Sparky

My daughters HS wants to have a demo jump into their new stadium....

Art and Crew are ALL pro rated and I hold a D license and was doing a tandem in the friggin mascot uniform.

Tandem jumps into stadiums also need a waiver from USPA. SIM 2-1.J.5
Good luck getting that done in a day or two. Usually, it takes about a week or two.
The waivers are not always granted - depends a lot on the TI.
The waiver form is in the SIM and online.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

CC105-2c says four days. The 45 day requirement is if it is for an airshow.....

AC-105-2c says: “authorization should be submitted at least 4-working days before the intended jump”.

The instructions for 7711-2 state: “Application for a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization must be submit-ted 45 days prior to the requested date of the event.”

If I wanted to ensure the best chance for the Authorization to be granted I would lean toward the 45 day.

Sparky