jprincell

AFF

I am in the process of doing the AFF course then on to A licence. ? is i keep watching all the videos on freeflying and wingsuits and its all just sick. How long b4 you can actually do some of that? Also any advice to help make me a better skydiver.. Everyday I cant wait til my next jump. Must say there is no other sport that has you this hooked. Thanks to whoever wants to help me out!

Also any advice to help make me a better skydiver..

1) Don't die or get seriously injured.

2) Skydive a lot, as often as you can get to the dz. Generally, those with more jumps are better skydivers than those with less jumps, and those that are very current are better in the air than those who are not.

3) Skydive within the limits of your ability and your equipment.

4) Learn everything you possibly can about skydiving and skydiving equipment. Never stop learning; there will always be something out there that you've never seen or done.

5) Go slow and enjoy the ride. You've got the rest of your life to take up freeflying and wingsuits and cameras and swooping. Get a solid base of basic skills under your belt before you begin to branch out and push your personal envelope.

6) Take a basic canopy skills course as soon as possible after AFF.

7) Size your first canopies (main and reserve) so that you are positive you can safely land either of them in the smallest possible area you can think of, at sunset.

8) Listen when people tell you that you may be trying to progress too fast. They aren't trying to hold you back. They just don't want to see you die.

9) Have fun!

How long b4 you can actually do some of that?

You can start learning to sit fly as soon as you get your A, assuming you have gear that's safe for freeflying. Wingsuits will/should take a bit longer. The recommended minimums are 500 jumps or 200 jumps made within the past 18 months.

More information here: http://www.uspa.org/SIM/Read/Section6/tabid/169/Default.aspx

Thanks for reply i will take it slow just seems like every1 has so many jumps but guess im trying. Do u reccomend buying used gear or not? As I keep jumping I hope to have met enough people to keep helping me learnto jump with me. How did it work 4u when u 1st started out. Well holler when u can