beqa

Looking for help and info

Hello, I am new here, and I have never jumped. I am currently a student at the Institute of Children's Literature (contact me for the link). For my 6th Assignment, I am attempting to write a nonfiction article on skydiving/sky surfing, and the history of parachuting. I will also try to sell the article to a magazine, but there is no garentee they will buy. I am an aspiring freelance writer.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing an e-mail interview or sharing general information with me.

I have noticed the History/Trivia thread, and will be checking it out shortly!

Thank you in advance for any help!

Is this for a children's story? If so, you need only the most basic facts and info, and those are widely available on the internet. You don't want to throw a lot of technical stuff at the kiddies. For the history, start with da Vinci.

See Spot.
See Spot skydive!
Wheee!

I am writing a 'article' for teens, 16-18. A factual article, nonfiction. Not a fiction article for little kids.

I have a lot of factual info. I was hoping to personalize the article by getting a point of view interview by someone that actually is in the sport of skydiving/skysurfing. By doing so, I was hoping to attract young people to consider joining these sports when they were of age.

Although, since doing the research, I am completely facinated by the sport, my health and other issues prevent me from doing it right now. I might someday.

As to my interest for this article. I saw a show on the History channel: Modern Marvels Super Human Education. They did a little part on Wingsuits, and I thought it was really cool and interesting! I thought that skydiving would be a fascinating sport to teens, and so I decided to write the article.

It seems to me, to be a sport that could have a very promising future, and has a lot of room for imagination, and growth. Can you imagine what an article that reached thousands of teens could do for the future? It could be tremendous.

I also have a 4 year old little boy, and hope that he would be interested in such fun and exciting sports in the future!

I would personally like to thank everyone that offered to let me interview them. I have a couple willing people, and that is all I really need right now.

Thank you, also, for putting up with someone that has never jumped, poking around and asking questions. :p

Is this for a children's story? If so, you need only the most basic facts and info, and those are widely available on the internet. You don't want to throw a lot of technical stuff at the kiddies. For the history, start with da Vinci.

See Spot.
See Spot skydive!
Wheee!

See Spot
See Spot skydive!
See Spot spot!
Bad Spot, bad spot!
Spot landed off!
BEER
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

See Spot
See Spot skydive!
See Spot spot!
Bad Spot, bad spot!
Spot landed off!
BEER

I'll be back in two weeks to pay my beer fee. Had a plane to catch. For the record, Spot didn't spot. That was someone else. :D

If not too late on the reply, please contact Russell Calkins, one of the first master sky surfers in the U.S. in the early 90's. He took first place in the world's first ever sky surfing championship in a demo competition. I video'ed his jumps hundreds of times when creating a promotional video. He can be contacted via Youtube link,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuI7VMia45Q
Good luck.

4DBill