jclalor

WTF

How many fatalities in the US so far this year?

Way too many but fewer than average.

You guys sound like you are rating a fucking video game for carnage value.... that's WAY more of a WTF than the premise of this thread.

Seriously WTF? Step up and grasp the idea that you are discussing other loving, real people here.
Owned by Remi #?

You guys sound like you are rating a fucking video game for carnage value.... that's WAY more of a WTF than the premise of this thread.

Seriously WTF? Step up and grasp the idea that you are discussing other loving, real people here.

+1

I thought the very same thing because of the first two responses. :|
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Some of us have been around long enough to see people find new ways to kill themselves. It's part of the sport, you can't get bent out of shape about it. All you can do is hope that some of them will listen to you when you try to stop them.

Unfortunatly I have been pretty accurate with the ones I have added to "my list" to be injured or killed.

+1

I thought the very same thing because of the first two responses. :|

I doubt very much that those posts were meant to be taken literally.

shit i aint hiding, my point was simple, it was to repeat the fact that we all know, that this type of thing happens and that its stupid to have a separate thread on it that contributes nothing to the safety of the sport. you want to cry about this shit go to the 2 forums designated. yes it sucks for the families involved but if you aren't willing to take the risk then get out of the sport, in that aspect its a selfish sport.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

That's not the point.

No? Then tell me, what is your point?

1) People died
2) Friends and relatives of these people ARE reading these.. 'jokes'. I bet they find it very funny too :|
3) When people say'Shit happens' you can almost hear some of them think '..but not to me - I have skills'. That is not personal to any of the responders, btw.

The real point?
This is:

All you can do is hope that some of them will listen to you when you try to stop them.

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Personally, I didn't interpret those comments as attempts to intentionally mock skydivers who have died. I saw them as facetious statements about the morbid side of skydiving as a sport. If those comments were made in front of a deceased jumper's family, they might be inappropriate. But on a message board? I think you're being a little self-righteous.

Personally, I didn't interpret those comments as attempts to intentionally mock skydivers who have died. I saw them as facetious statements about the morbid side of skydiving as a sport. If those comments were made in front of a deceased jumper's family, they might be inappropriate. But on a message board? I think you're being a little self-righteous.

Bingo

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Let's agree to disagree.

I think you're being a little self-righteous.

Well, at least that means I have no difficulties blending into the crowd >:(
~mom

Bingo

?

I have very little time and experience in sport compared to you Jim, but I really don't think I have much problem sorting out the "I'm morbid because it's cool and edgy and I don't really feel jack shit about real empathy" crowd from the humans.

Accepting mortality and joking about it is in no fucking way the same as mocking it and denying the value of an individual life.
Owned by Remi #?

...but I really don't think I have much problem sorting out the "I'm morbid because it's cool and edgy and I don't really feel jack shit about real empathy" crowd from the humans. Accepting mortality and joking about it is in no fucking way the same as mocking it and denying the value of an individual life.

An interesting statement, with lots of unsupported assumptions. Could you kindly point out where someone "denied the value of an individual life" in this thread? Clearly I must have missed it.

Bingo

?

I have very little time and experience in sport compared to you Jim, but I really don't think I have much problem sorting out the "I'm morbid because it's cool and edgy and I don't really feel jack shit about real empathy" crowd from the humans.

Accepting mortality and joking about it is in no fucking way the same as mocking it and denying the value of an individual life.

I went through the thread again Kelly, and I have to agree with the Ninja...facetious no doubt, but denying the value of and individuals life??

I just don't see that here.

I don't believe I'm an insensitive person, I'm sure I'm not alone when I read through the 'In Memory' threads and understand the grief and loss expressed by friends of someone one that list.

I encourage n00bs to do that now & then, not because I'm morbid and have no empathy...to the contrary, it brings home the point real people are gone, loss of a precious life. People that have friends and family that care about them, people no different than any of us.

When someone says something like 'get the numbers up' I see it as more of a tongue in cheek reality reminder that yes in fact our little pass-time can get you or me killed.

I've lost many Skydiving friends over the years, more than double that number of Airshow performer 'family'...I don't discount their lives, but I don't dwell either.

Comments do at times reflect a tone of gallows humor perhaps, but the fact we're discussing it at all is in my opinion a positive thing.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~