swoopfly

winter time!!?

hey

i was just curious outta all you jumpers, how many of you put your gear up in the winter time only to return when things warm up??

i have been pretty current even through the winter time, but i am thinking of laying off a few months because of the cold, and to save jumps for next summer season,. i am sure i will do some hop and pops through the winter, but even when dressed for the cold it just dosent seem as fun as summer, and kinda makes me just wanna wait.

oh and when its cold how many of you stick to hop and pops more, as altitude its freezing!??

I'll jump down to about freezing on the ground. It might be 10 or 15 below at altitude.
Longies, a balaclava under my helmet, latex surgical gloves under my normal ones (I use mechanics gloves on most jumps).

It really isn't all that bad, you're only in freefall for about a minute, and I don't feel the cold until after opening.

The guy you really want to ask is SansSuit.

He lives in Milwaukee and I think he usually jumps at East Troy (Skyknights). It gets a little cold during the winter here in Wisconsin, but it doesn't seem to stop him.:S

He's a hell of a nice guy, but handles the cold better than I do.:P

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo