ArnaudL

Coming for jumping in the US

Hi, I am a French (no one is perfect...!) skydiver with a 2009 C Licence (which is the top licence in the French Parachute Association). I wonder what are the requirements for foreigners willing to come and jump in the US.

I will be in NY next week for two months and would like to come with my French rig (Advance + main canopy Electra 190)and visit a few dropzones nearby NY or further even on the West or Southern coasts.

I am practising RW (did competition in France) and wingsuit (40 jumps on Access and willing to start with my Indy). I am looking for a friendly dropzone where people are nice, the level in RW is fine or where there are wingsuiter. Of course good price with plenty of altitude is most welcomed...!

Thanks and best,

Arnaud

Salut Arnaud,

I strongly advise you to take your 2010 french license...

or you can easily get a temporary USPA license/insurance, which is pretty cheap.

Yes, but he'll need it when he'll come back anyway.
+ with the international insurance, the trip back will be taken care of in case of injury...B|

Hi, I am a French (no one is perfect...!)

Hahaha... your funny.

For a kick ass view go to Skydive Long Island. The staff there are cool people too.

http://www.skydivelongisland.com/

There will be more fun jumpers/experienced jumpers at the Ranch.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Salut Arnaud,

I strongly advise you to take your 2010 french license...

or you can easily get a temporary USPA license/insurance, which is pretty cheap.

Yes, but he'll need it when he'll come back anyway.
+ with the international insurance, the trip back will be taken care of in case of injury...B|

Dont confuse things

When you get a USPA membership (full or short term) you also get 3rd party damage insurance. This covers (to some level) the damage you would, say, do if you land on the car of some guy parked on a side road if you land off. It would not cover any injuries suffered from this.

Most countries FAI aero club memberships includes such an insurance. However, in some countries, they exclude some coverage: for example, when we live in the UK, the UK BPA insurance did not cover damage if jumping in the US (too much litigious issues I guess)

What you call international insurance would be travel health/medical insurance.
Remster