jonge066

What Canopy to buy?

Ehm, I take it you already have >100 jumps since you're jumping a sabre 2 150? If so, look up the list of other 100+ jump canopies and make a choice from those...

The sabre2 150 is the most HP canopy (if that's your idea of "fun") you're allowed to jump for a while, so why not get another one of those? What do you like/not like about the sabre2?

Why do you need 2 rigs anyway? If you're going to do back-to-back loads, best and safest is to get the same canopy for both rigs. I know, I used to have 2 rigs and multiple canopies for doing freefall, CRW and wingsuit, but your best bet is to jump the same canopy and learn on that. If you want to learn to swoop stick with sabre2 or maybe a fusion. But especially here, or for demo jumping, sticking with one canopy will be much safer and you'll learn quicker.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Jump a pilot before buying anything. Wish I had jumped one before buying my Sabre2. Don't get me wrong I like my Sabre2 190 but LOVE my Pilot 188

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

why it just has to be a sub 100 sq. ft. velo. anything else just wouldn't be cool.:P:P please don't take that as a serious suggestion.

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Honestly? Make up your mind. What do you want out of your second canopy?

If it's to be a back-to-back rig, get another Sabre2. You can learn nothing on a Lotus or a Safire2 you can't learn faster, better and safer on your Sabre2 (because you already have it and won't be mixing canopies, not because the Sabre2 is inherently safer or anything).

If you want to do something else entirely on your second rig, get just a second canopy on risers, maybe with a bag and pilot if you're especially lazy (like me :)
If you simply have money to burn and want a complete second rig because you can, save your money and get coaching or make jumps with it.

The question you're asking is too general and lacks sufficient information to give a useful answer to. I like the Lotus and the Safire. I actually didn't like the Sabre 2 (but might now - it's been a while), but I do like (in no particular order) Sabre 1, Stiletto, Pilot, Vision, Katana, Triathlon, Spectre, Crossfire, Silhouette, Foil, Diablo, Manta :$, Navigator, Sensei, Lightning, Balance, Quadra, Techno (though not often :)you like, and want?

Johan.
I am. I think.