CobraRover

DropZones in Spain (Murcia)

Hey,

Doubt that most of you from the US travel to spain to jump, so looking more towards the europeans for answers on this.

Has anyone ever been to the DropZone in Murcia, Spain? I've checked out their website, and although I speak Spanish it doesn't really help me find out what I'd like to know... (type of aircraft, price of kit hire, cost per jump etc). Not many working links on their website. Here it is http://webs.ono.com/caidalibre/

I live in Spain, but normally travel to SkyDive Spain in Sevilla which is a great place, but a long drive for me, so if anyone can give me any info on this and save me an hour and a half drive to check it out myself it would be great.

Cheers

Hi Cobra, I was in Spain last year, my parents live in Murcia so I took a drive out to have a look at the DZ.

Nobody was jumping whilst I was there and the only aircraft I saw was an old AN2 (definately not airworthy) and 2 cessnas, but not jump configured.

The Dz is a rough stone/ gravel airstrip with few if any facilities, 2 small hangers and I believe that the jumpers land over the road, although from memory I recall some power lines in close proximity.

never jumped there... never heared about this dropzone...
I don't know where are you living, but if it is not far, you should better try www.skytime.info in Castellón de la Plana, a really nice place, just beside the beach...
this week they're on a boogie ( from SPA ), we've been jumping really a lot this weekend, ( one caravan and two soloys ), during the year it's just the 2 soloys... but in march there is another boogie... with the beech99 !!!!

never jumped there... never heared about this dropzone...
I don't know where are you living, but if it is not far, you should better try www.skytime.info in Castellón de la Plana, a really nice place, just beside the beach...
this week they're on a boogie ( from SPA ), we've been jumping really a lot this weekend, ( one caravan and two soloys ), during the year it's just the 2 soloys... but in march there is another boogie... with the beech99 !!!!

Living in Almería at the moment, so driving to Castellón for me is about the same distance as Sevilla. Someone else mentioned it to me though on the UK skydiving forum, and after looking at some pics and videos it does look real nice so definitely gonna pay it a visit soon.