ellinas

Skydiving vacation in California

Hi people!

please excuse possible mistakes as English is not my native language. :$

i will be visiting California in July for 3 weeks. Purpose of my visit is skydiving of course! I have booked my flights, rented a car and decided on the dropzone i will be doing my jumps. After reading this forum and talking with more experienced jumpers, i decided to visit Elsinore in order to get my A license and proceed towards B license (i don't know if this will be feasible) as i will be staying there for some time and all i want to do is jump all day!

I did my AFF course in Texel, Netherlands where i liked the whole atmosphere a lot. I was planning to go again to Texel but they informed me that i could not do my A license there because the could not provide the exam in English. :|

Next possibility was Empuria Brava in Spain because a friend was supposed to make the trip with me, but when he backed out i decided to take a step further and visit the US. So USA here i come!

I will be travelling alone, landing in LAX, getting a rental car and going to the dropzone. Any heads up regarding places to visit (when not jumping!), eat, have drink etc?

Thanks for reading !

Max

Look hard enough, you could find an asian, midget, transvestite, and a prostitute on Hollywood Blvd, and they'd all be the same person.:P

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Heya....

One quick tip to attract locals... :)Next thread you post (or ask a moderator), put the dropzone's name in the thread title.

California is bigger than Netherlands, both in size and population... California is the largest state in the USA with over 30 million people, and takes more than one day to drive from top to bottom of the state.

If you stay in California that long, go visit Skydive Perris and Skyventure Perris -- it's only 20 minutes away from Elsinore, and the tunnel is useful for training too.

> Any heads up regarding places to visit (when not jumping!), eat, have
>drink etc?

If you go to Perris, some places to visit:

Stone Brewing - swankiest brewpub in San Diego (40 minutes away)
The Yardhouse - also pretty good beer (15 minutes)
Train museum - 30 seconds from the DZ, cool if you like trains

Heya....

One quick tip to attract locals... :)Next thread you post (or ask a moderator), put the dropzone's name in the thread title.

California is bigger than Netherlands, both in size and population... California is the largest state in the USA with over 30 million people, and takes more than one day to drive from top to bottom of the state.

If you stay in California that long, go visit Skydive Perris and Skyventure Perris -- it's only 20 minutes away from Elsinore, and the tunnel is useful for training too.

California's tears cure cancer, too bad it never cries.

California can slam a revolving door

California roundhouse kicked a $10 bill into 200 nickels
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Heya....

california talks shit on the internet

:P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Heya....

california talks shit on the internet

:P

California's not sayin' anything, its just sayin...

PM'd you some fun stuff in so cal, have fun and be safe!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Ha ha, but just a quick explanation of legitimate context of my posting: It was meant to help OP attract locals who know more about the areas surrounding Perris/Elsinore. Just generically mentioning California, will attract a few useless posts, while fun for a laugh, is mostly useless to OP.

Great dropzone choice! ;) As far as things to do in California you'll have a hard time not finding something to do. I won't let any friends visit california without going to the hollywood strip and venice beach on a weekend. ITS MAGICAL! :o