legalize1966

What do you have to deal with at your airport?

www.bbb.org
look up Skyride.
They get an F rating. that is as bad as it gets.

Link: http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/ticket-sales-events/1-800-skyride-in-kennesaw-ga-13003271

Ha! You're all wrong, ASC and AST are not on that BBB report. I told you we are not a scam! They're completely different companies. Yeah, So what if Cary owns them both, ASC and AST don't do all that stuff you guys are talking about. You guys are skydiving cops or something.

www.bbb.org
look up Skyride.
They get an F rating. that is as bad as it gets.

Link: http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/ticket-sales-events/1-800-skyride-in-kennesaw-ga-13003271

Ha! You're all wrong, ASC and AST are not on that BBB report. I told you we are not a scam! They're completely different companies. Yeah, So what if Cary owns them both, ASC and AST don't do all that stuff you guys are talking about. You guys are skydiving cops or something.

You associate with the worst scum in skydiving. Don't be surprised when you end up smelling like shit at the end of the day.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

You know I came and visited your DZ. Why dont you come visit mine? We are all adults and unless you have actually come out and dealt with any of us I dont think you have the right to call anybody scum sir [:/]

Forums : Profile : RIGGER160

Personal Profile
Name:
Email: No email entered.
City:

Location Map
RIGGER160 did not set a location yet.

Jump Profile
Home DZ: No home dropzone entered.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I meant to post this on Saturday but a storm came through and knocked my internet connection out, and I just haven't had time to get back on until now, since I've had my girls to myself all weekend. (wife in NYC visiting grandma in hospital) so here it is:

You have to admit though, the consumer alert website is really starting to work. You know it is when Skyride headquarters starts calling asking that it be taken down because it's hurting their business.

Call it fighting fire with fire, but at least the guy behind the alert isn't trying to scam some poor schmuck, or running thousands of websites (actually a few dozen with geo-locations built in) and trying to get in between the customer and all the real DZs trying to earn an honest buck! :|

Bottom line is this: AST and ASC are Skyride DZs. You may be jumping just like any other DZ, but you are still stuck with the ties to Skyride.

Don't like it? Too hot in the kitchen? Go jump somewhere else with no ties to Skyride. I've been told quite a few staff members have done exactly that lately. You want to stay there, fine. You deserve it. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You know I came and visited your DZ. Why dont you come visit mine? We are all adults and unless you have actually come out and dealt with any of us I dont think you have the right to call anybody scum sir [:/]

Personal Profile
Name:
City:

Location Map

Jump Profile

What are you implying? :)

Call it fighting fire with fire, but at least the guy behind the alert isn't trying to scam some poor schmuck, or running thousands of websites (actually a few dozen with geo-locations built in) and trying to get in between the customer and all the real DZs trying to earn an honest buck! :|

Um yes Jeff is. How is he not scamming people? He tells them that if they go to waverly they ont find anything there.

Don't like it? Too hot in the kitchen? Go jump somewhere else with no ties to Skyride. I've been told quite a few staff members have done exactly that lately. You want to stay there, fine. You deserve it. :S

Yes I will stay there as I love seeing people enjoy themselves after an exilerating tandem skydive and just because staff members may jump elswhere doesnt mean anything (we are allowed to have fun when we travel Mr. Fun Nazi)

Um yes Jeff is. How is he not scamming people? He tells them that if they go to waverly they ont find anything there.

Yes I will stay there as I love seeing people enjoy themselves after an exilerating tandem skydive and just because staff members may jump elswhere doesnt mean anything (we are allowed to have fun when we travel Mr. Fun Nazi)

Perhaps I should recommend you for a semester of Hooked on Phonics. In post #21 of this thread I posted the first few lines of the site and it clearly acknowledges that there is a DZ in Waverly. It clearly states that "The Skydive center in Waverly is part of the scam", referring to having sites advertising to have locations they don't have.
Unless I can't read, that's pretty clear to me that there's a DZ in Waverly. If you see something that I don't that says there's no Skydiving in Waverly, let me know. As much as I would love to say there's no DZ there, That's where I would cross the legal line, and I'm not going there.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Dude, What are you talking about, I've read that site twice now word for word and I don't see what you are talking about. Yeah, all the bull shit about us being a scam is exactly that, bull shit, but I don't what you are saying that he's saying we don't jump in Waverly. I did that Cashe thing he's talking about and according to Google, he's right, it's been that way for a while. I'm not taking his side, but you may not be 100% accurate in your assessment.

I can't believe you fucking people going through the same shit over and over again in different threads. I would think you would be happy when there is not a thread about this shit on the fucking front page.

Sorry Dude, I'm just frustrated about how people keep seeing that shit and going elsewhere after I refer them to our DZ. There was three last week alone. I was pissed when they told me they went to Cullman.

Personal Profile
Name:
City:

Location Map

Jump Profile

What are you implying? :)

An invitation from an anonymous poster is totally meaningless.

Well duh, why would anyone want to support a bunch of scammers?

It surprises me that they would wish to draw attention to themselves like this. It's like they WANT everyone to know that they associate with scam artists.

I can't believe you fucking people going through the same shit over and over again in different threads. I would think you would be happy when there is not a thread about this shit on the fucking front page.

Sorry Dude, I'm just frustrated about how people keep seeing that shit and going elsewhere after I refer them to our DZ. There was three last week alone. I was pissed when they told me they went to Cullman.

There have been some customers that showed up in Cullman that said when they called the Waverly DZ, they were told "it's a dangerous DZ, don't go there, people have died there." I could go on and on. Lies have been told about other DZs being dangerous by Skyride and/or their DZs.

There has never been a death at either Cullman, or Pell City (pre-skyride).

I still remember the bullshit ASC in Cedartown pulled by telling customers that called them when they thought they were calling the DZ in Pell City. ASC would say "they're closed, but we can help you."

My old DZO would have never screwed anybody like that. >:(

And if you fucking wind bags (my one and only PA) think we're ruining the sport by fighting Skyride, you are dead fucking wrong.

We are working to educate the masses how to go straight to the DZ near them to get their skydive on. They don't need no goddamn middle man. Not Skyride, and not that new outfit in Illinois either.

If beating Skyride means their DZs suffer, so be it. I don't know how many DZs there are in the US without looking it up, but saving them all at the expense of two, would not be ruining the sport.

And that is just my personal opinion. If you don't like it, you can shove it where the sun don't shine.

Thank you very much. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Quote from the site

another quote
1 800 Skyride uses the names of major cities and claim to have a Skydive center in the city that their websites are advertising to be located in. The truth is that there is NO skydiving in any major city in America, It's ILLEGAL! The only skydives that happen in the city are skydiving teams jumping in to a major event like a Pro Football game or a NASCAR racing event etc. Those are professional skydivers and are definitely NOT first timers. Normally, Skydive Centers are located 30 to 75 miles from the major city. The 1 800 Skyride/Adventure websites do not give their location and they will not normally tell you where they are until they have your credit card information.

another quote

"These charges in combination with the cost of the actual skydive and your travel including a hotel room in Cedartown, Ga. (Atlanta area) could cost you well over $500 to $700 for a skydiving trip that should not have cost over about $200 to $290. (This is if you choose the video).
1 800 Skyride also uses names like Nashville Skydiving or Skydive Nashville to hide their actual location, be advised that this is against

once again implies that no skydiving exist around nashville.

So how does being 30-75 miles from Nashville and offering prices exactly in the range that you listed constitute a scam?

Well how the fuck do you think all the other DZOs have felt over the years having business stolen from them by way of Ben and Carys crooked ways??? Welcome to the fucking club.

My comments are are quoted and in Italics

Quote from the site

The bolded excerpt reads pretty plain to me that there is a DZ in Waverly.

another quote
1 800 Skyride uses the names of major cities and claim to have a Skydive center in the city that their websites are advertising to be located in. The truth is that there is NO skydiving in any major city in America, It's ILLEGAL! The only skydives that happen in the city are skydiving teams jumping in to a major event like a Pro Football game or a NASCAR racing event etc. Those are professional skydivers and are definitely NOT first timers. Normally, Skydive Centers are located 30 to 75 miles from the major city. The 1 800 Skyride/Adventure websites do not give their location and they will not normally tell you where they are until they have your credit card information.

True, Waverly may be in that range, I've never been there, so I don't know the distance, but it don't say there's not a DZ there

another quote

"These charges in combination with the cost of the actual skydive and your travel including a hotel room in Cedartown, Ga. (Atlanta area) could cost you well over $500 to $700 for a skydiving trip that should not have cost over about $200 to $290. (This is if you choose the video).
1 800 Skyride also uses names like Nashville Skydiving or Skydive Nashville to hide their actual location, be advised that this is against

once again implies that no skydiving exist around nashville.

That one, I'll say is a gray area, since it clearly states multiple times "the skydiving center in Waverly", That part maybe could use some rewording, but I'm not going to suggest it because of the previous acknowledgements of Waverly. Those sites are doing a good job of educating the public about your DZO's history that I don't see anything that needs to be changed

So how does being 30-75 miles from Nashville and offering prices exactly in the range that you listed constitute a scam?

There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Hey Darrell, That's ok, don't worry about them whining about what it says. You may remember why Nashvilleskydiving.org became a consumer alert in the first place. It had one little sentence in the fine print, that said something that directed the surfers to the other DZ's, and they kept whining about that so, you see now the whole site talks about their scam. They brought that on themselves just like they always do. As I have said multiple times, it's not written for the enjoyment of the jumper, it's written to inform the Whuffo of a scam that is taking place in the world of Skydiving and other "Extreme" sports. Something else, this is NOT a skydiving issue! It's a business issue!
Chuck called me last week and tried to get me to take the sites down, then he went off into this spill about he has several thousand jumps and has jumped with whatever teams and done this and done that, he, and those guys don't get the point, it don't matter if it's Skydiving, Shark Diving or Race Car driving or whatever, It's all the same to me and I try to cover all of it. According to the Race Car Schools that I communicate with, there are no known schools who accept the sLyride tickets, and yes, there is a consumer alert about that as well, but there's no whining about that. The same for the sharks and the other venues. There's only about 6 known Glider companies that take the tickets, and they don't even whine about it.
In fact, there's one Glider operator who last linked to skyrideripoff, and has a page about them, but accepts their tickets because he's backed in the corner because people in his area are getting screwed, so he helps them out. The story is longer than that, but the same old story we've all heard. It boils down to Internet Piracy.
I say let them whine, they just keep bringing more shit on themselves when they do that and make life harder on themselves.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org