Tanvan

A little help?

Hey, I just started a staic line course to get my A license yesterday. I jumped twice which was awesome, but i can never remember to count when i exit the plane. Like all the way up i'm running through my head what i need to do and it seems like as soon as i clime out my brain goes to crap.
Any tips and keeping my mind straight, or does it just come with experience? How can i remember to count?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Two Fingers, , This Is Skydiving.

I didn't do SL but on my AFF level 1 my instructor told me that the only thing he wanted me to focus on was to have a good exit count and to arch... that everything else was just icing on the cake.

Oh and the most important thing you need to do is pull... ;)

I do often count when I do hop & pops... but only because I want to be sure that my Protrack registers the jump and it requires 6 seconds to do that...

and yeah... experience helps keep your mind straight...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

What if you do a H&P from 1500ft? ;)

Then I hope the plane is moving really fast... or... perhaps I'll pull sooner (you know... "Execellent I've cleared the tail... I think I'll toss now...") :P my method isn't set in stone... but... I wouldn't intentionally get out at 1500 ft... I don't like to get out anywhere below 3000 ft... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I was a S/L student years and years ago. I'd remember to count, but it was a damn fast count.

1...2...3....8 :ph34r:

Your mind will become more relaxed the more jumps you get. It's kind of like when you were learning how to drive. If you are like most people, you would grip the steering wheel like it was your life line. But look how you drive now, relaxed enough to even change radio stations.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I did quite a lot of SL jumps, never counted to 3 in all of them. Then they dropped me from 5k without the SL, saying I had to pull after 5 secs. All of a sudden you bet I could count! And fast too ;)

Ditto for me exactly. When I did my 10 sec, my count sequence went something like this...

"Arch, 1000, 2000, 3000, altimter check, 4000, 5000, 6000, altimeter check, shit, what number is next, look, reach, pull".

I want to know if, as a more advanced student, are you remembering to count now? I'm really hoping so because I forgot to count (and arch) too, and I'd like to think this is something I'll get over.

I'm not going to be the person still trying to pass their last static line jump at jump 100. I'm not. :D

What if you do a H&P from 1500ft? ;)

then you would not be following the BSR and should be busted

Some people are allowed to exit lower than that ;)

:)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message