ktmlouie47

Drop Zone Near Fort Rucker

Hey all the jumpers at or near Fort Rucker Al. there is a small drop zone only about 35 minutes away in DeFuniak Springs Fl. Its a really new DZ and is in need of some fun jumpers. The DZO Jim is a retired Golden Knight that is really really good to fun jumpers. He only has one Tandem rig so there is no bumping for tandems. The DZ has a REALLY REALLY nice 182 that is maintained very well and there is another one in the Hanger going through a full restoration. These are good people trying to get a good DZ up and running so if your in the area please come out and jump. B|

Hey, I'll be out at Ft Rucker for atleast 18-20 months starting the end of Nov for my flight training. I saw this new DZ pop up on the dropzone locator fairly recently as when I did a search previously, the next closest DZ is close to 2 hours away.

So I'm excited about coming out to jump with you guys later this year. Looks like I'll be spending more weekends jumping than I previously expected with a DZ this close.

Do they plan on operating throughout the winter months?

I usually head up to the farm for fun, but a close 182 dz might be fun for short weekends... Im in the sandbox for a few more weeks but Ill stop by and check yall out in Aug.
Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150

Glad you guys made it down there!! I wish I couldve gone this weekend, but Im having sinus issues.

PS to everyone else- I second the OP's review. Clean DZ, very well maintained plane, all around good place to be. This little DZ has so much potential :)

I believe they fly on a private runway but does anyone have the IDF for the location, I'd love to fly over for a day of jumping but can't figure out where it is!

I dont want anything to do with IDF!!:o
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Do you know anything about the Ft Rucker Aviation School students not being allowed to skydive? My LTC down here at my school just told me today that they are pretty strict on what they let you do. I'm not trying to miss out on skydiving for 18 months...