artard

Is your opinion of fellow skydivers at your dropzone influenced by the posts they make here?

Obviously skydiving is a pretty small community. I see posts all the time from people who I have jumped with or know at my home DZ. Some of the people I know on here have thousands of posts, many of them contributing to safety and training discussions. I also know of people who jump at my DZ who have posted things here that make me question if I'd be willing to jump with them because it doesn't paint a very positive picture of their approach to safety. So I'm wondering how many other posters here have their opinions of fellow jumpers influenced by what they see them post on these forums.

I would not put much stock in something someone says here. I can't tell you how many people I have seen on here saying they would never jump through clouds or whatever and then on Saturday guess what they are doing. :S:S

What is more important is how their attitude is ie how you are treated by them and how they treat others. That will tell you everything you need to know. (Some of us are slow learners. :P )

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"