newguy1979

Stuck in the middle

Well the only way to get over this is to go out to the DZ and find jumpers with a smilar skill set to start jumping together. I had been very much in the same boat with you and I had actually been away from jumping for two years after I got my license due to being laid off of two jobs in two years. But I know that I will always love skydiving and I won't let anything hold me back from that. At first I was doing 4 or 5 solo tracking jumps each time I went out there and I even asked manifest if they knew anyone willing to jump with me. It didn't work out that time but this past friday I went out to the DZ to keep current and to get to 45 jumps (woo hoo!) and I didn't even ask...another older gentleman asked if I'd be willing to do a 3-way and I said hell yea. Of course the other jumper with us just got his license and he came nowhere near us to dock but me and the other gentleman (Jay Tribble) managed to pull a few points (after I arched like a mo-fo to match his fallrate) but the point remained that after that he informed me that another gentleman who is an AFF instructor which was not current wanted to work on exits...We exchanged numbers and now I have someone to jump with when I go out to the DZ. Is it a perfectly ideal situation where I get to jump with Jay Stokes or Brian Germain? No, but I'd have to pay to jump with those guys and I'm simply stoked to have someone to jump with to break the monotony of solo tracking jumps (which actually isn't getting old either). So just go out the next time...ask around, ask around some more...and I'm sure that perhaps not instantly but soon you will find someone to jump with. If you want to use the excuse of 'I can't find anyone to jump with' then you won't go anywhere in skydiving. Be nice...ask questions and I'm sure you'll find someone to jump with you

Paul