trig78

Where in January?

Where can one get most jumps in january?
I have a two week vacation in second half of Jan.
Goal is to do at least an hour of tunel time, get some RW coaching, do a canopy course, and jump my ass off in general. That means jumping as much as I can for those 15 days, every day!
It comes down to Perris/Elsinore, DeLand/Zills and Eloy I would asume. I'm guessing that level of coaching is the same, especially for my (in)experience so it's all about number of sunny days and loads. I have about 20 days to decide ;)

I was just in DeLand and it rocked. University Inn down the block was cheap too and about 5 minutes from with decent stores in the area.

There's dozens of guys from Qatar jumping there so you can get up over 6x/day on weekdays even.

Jeff

Shoot for Eloy or Perris based on the on-site tunnel. It saves you the time of driving into Orlando if you go Deland or Z-Hills, and even if you don't mind the drive, you still end up in Orlando.

Perris has Elsinore right over the hill, which is a plus becasue you can get to two world-class DZs without getting killed on travel time. You could walk from one to the other in about 90 minutes, but if you have a car or can get a ride, it's like 20-25 minutes. LA or SanDiego is also within 60 to 90 minutes (by car) if you're looking for off-DZ entertainment.

Eloy might have better weather, but there is no other DZ over the hill (or really a hill, for that matter), and no big city within reach for any reason.

I was just in DeLand and it rocked. University Inn down the block was cheap too and about 5 minutes from with decent stores in the area.

There's dozens of guys from Qatar jumping there so you can get up over 6x/day on weekdays even.

Jeff

Deland. best place ever. youll get as many jumps as you want in, theres tons of people who will gladly jump with you, and the packers are fast, and cool to hang with. ohh and they have a HUUUUUUUUUUGE landing area that even Shah couldnt miss:ph34r::D, (sorry dude had to, heehee, just read your post about landing out)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

The weather will be wonderful in eloy, sweet tunnel and gret coaches. Teamrooms or bunkhouse to stay in.And other people with 37 jumps;) We have it all:)

+1

+2
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING