Muffie

Why Don't You Jump Anymore?

Re: OP

Got married, moved to NYC. Lost touch with the jump scene just enough to realize that my dream of full fledged sky-godliness was not going to materialize. Also saw emerging trends in the sport that I didn't care for: a lot of flash and showyiness, too many friggin cameras, students fast-tracking to god-status.
So I sold the rig, and took up photography which was more urban and accessible at the time.
I believe you have my stapler.

well considering i have 180+ jumps to your 2 i would say i know more...

6/10

Fairly well executed. People love jumping on hypocrisy. The "+" was lame though and the jump number comparison wasn't as indirect/subtle as it could have been.

Get some ratings, put some REAL time in the sport, teach a few hundred students, notch 30 or 40 various drop zones and few dozen boogies on your belt...

I've got the time but no ratings. Can I convert some of my excess DZs and boogies to teaching students points? :)

This is my only shot as Quade's no cutaway requirement... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

That should be posted on a few dropzone walls! B|

+1 For sure.

Sparky

+2

So, I don't jump any more. I don't know that I jump any less either. My whole life has revolved around Skydiving. 'Still have my rig. It may be a while. I havn't left yet, the dream is still there.

+3

The sky will always be there.

If ever it's not we've got WAY bigger problems. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Get some ratings, put some REAL time in the sport, teach a few hundred students, notch 30 or 40 various drop zones and few dozen boogies on your belt...

I've got the time but no ratings. Can I convert some of my excess DZs and boogies to teaching students points? :)

This is my only shot as Quade's no cutaway requirement... :P

9 years?! :S

Pfft...you're a tourist! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Multiple factors:

Provided medical standby at a serious accident. That made me nervous, even though I wasn't involved. Then we tried to increase my life insurance. The insurance company added a large surcharge to my premiums because of my skydiving.

Those, plus the 3 hour drive to the dropzone, my chaotic work schedule that only let me get there about once a month, the slow progression to increased skills with only once monthly visits (with only half days jumping because of afternoon winds), loss of my free weekends, cost of gas, hotel, and meals added to the jump costs was enough to make me decide it just wasn't worth it anymore.
Imelda Marcos just wanted some cute shoes that didn't make her feet hurt. Why's that so hard to understand?