Celtics85

How Long?

It took a full weekend. Then again, it was easy because I had a GoPro handy cam and was able to review the video I shot to make sure I corrected any issues. I was also on a Katana 120, so I got down faster so I could go jump again quicker.

Seriously, it takes people longer or shorter times from each other. Weather is a significant factor. Expect to spend a couple of months at it, maybe a little more, maybe a little less...maybe a lot more.

Just relax, go jump and have fun!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It took a full weekend. Then again, it was easy because I had a GoPro handy cam and was able to review the video I shot to make sure I corrected any issues. I was also on a Katana 120, so I got down faster so I could go jump again quicker.

Loves it! B|
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

How long did it take you guys and girls to pass your AFF and get your A liscense?

Waddaya know, I'm going to answer this seriously! :P

8 days I think (from AFF L1 through A license); did my AFF in two days (1-3 first day, 4-7 second day), then another 6-ish days to do the remaining consols and the A license test. I had done 10 static line jumps 4 years earlier, so it wasn't all completely new to me...

And no, I am most definitely not an natural - if I was, I would be on one of those big and famous teams....

As they say above, it is different for everyone - and taking time (or repeating jumps) is no reflection on future achievement - many a big name jumper will attest to that.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

It took about six months for me. I started as a student at the worst possible time of year here. I spent many, many a weekend watching the wind blow. Once the weather cleared up, I took about to jump 35 to get the required accuracy landings for my A license.

It takes as long as it takes.

As proof that student struggles and later success as a skydiver are UNrelated see the logbook linked below. It is the student logbook of a world-record holding professional skydiver who has thousands of jumps.

http://crwdog.servebeer.com/CRWdog/HowCRW.html
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!