sundevil777

Why do skydivers put gear on benches

fortunately, our dz has pretty loud music itself, no need for additional systems.. just a little annoying when one of our instructors puts on her techno-stuff, i'm more for reggae when at the dz.. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Gear in your way on a bench, packing floor or a rig holder?
Move it.

Someone taking up two spots on the airplane?
Tell them to sit up some more.

See someone leaving their bottles all over the place or throwing cigarette buts on the ground?
Tell them they dropped something, and point it out.

Someone playing music that you don't like in the hangar?
Unwad your panties and ignore it.

Bottom line? Man up.

I brought up only the very first in that list (gear on bench), and people have a tendency to get angry when others touch their gear. I have no problem 'manning up' for the rest of the list.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The gear sits on the benches for the same reason people stand and block the exits of the deck to watch parachutes. No one knows why. They can't figure out why people seem rude to them as they try to get by. These are the same people who, as kids, sat at the bottom of the slide and wondered why they got kicked in the back of the head........
-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

I'd second the keep your hands on your own gear. My DZ promotes giving each other pin checks, which is awesome, but many people forget they need to ask first. I dont feel like freeflying with my pin cover open because you gave me a pin check without asking and didnt put it back right. I'm all about safety, all about pin checks, but ask first.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero