Pendejo

Pull sltitudes for recent student grads

This is Safety and Training

Bill, if you want to purge the asshole posts, feel free, but please leave this one here.

OK, but I am going to edit it to stop the next fight:

Is there anything wrong with newer jumpers breaking off at 5000 so they can pull at 3500?

Is there anything wrong with newer jumpers breaking off at 5000 so they can pull at 3500?

I think the flip side of this is that newbies *have* to be comfortable setting their own limits and pushing back if they're not comfortable with the limits that others on the dive want to set.

I've jumped with people of all different experience levels at 10 different dropzones in my short skydiving career, and I've never felt pressured to pull lower than I would like. There's been some times when a suggested breakoff altitude is lower than I'm comfortable with, and I know that it is my responsibility to pipe up if I'm uncomfortable with that for whatever reason.

Anyone who makes their decisions in this sport over "fear of looking like a dork" ought to think about whether this is the right sport for them.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Nope, but they have to understand that sometimes more experienced jumpers are not going to want to do that 2-way with them in which nearly half the skydive is spent doing a solo (Cessna jumps).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

> Is there anything wrong with newer jumpers breaking off at 5000 so they can pull at 3500?

I'm less than thrilled with this rewrite of my posting, Bill.

I'm going to rephrase it a different way - Should an A license jumper ever break off lower than 5000? USPA recommended decision altitude is 2500ft. Recommended breakoff is 1500ft above pull for small groups. Snivel distance can easily exceed 500ft. Do the math.

It is ultimately that jumper's responsibility to take care of himself. And if they want to violate recommendations, those of us who aren't the DZO can't really do anything about it. But we spend a lot of time talking about it anyhow.