kpipes22

Life insurance options?

I checked into life insurance with my insurance agent with State Farm. $150,000 of coverage while making 50 jumps a year is $144.00 per month over a 30 year level term... Needless to say at the end of 30 years, you're basically self insuring the first $51,000 of coverage.

Needless to say... I declined the coverage...

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I checked into life insurance with my insurance agent with State Farm. $150,000 of coverage while making 50 jumps a year is $144.00 per month over a 30 year level term... Needless to say at the end of 30 years, you're basically self insuring the first $51,000 of coverage.

Needless to say... I declined the coverage...

State Farm didn't want to insure me as a 22yo with a 11 year old motorcycle. They demonstrated that with an obscenely high rate.

This is the one I have in addition to my employers policy. You can get up to $200,000.00 with NO exclusions other than suicide occurring in the first two years.

http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/insurance/life/index.asp

That looks pretty good. I only want to insure myself for the total of my school loans so my parents don't get hammered if I go in. How much is a DAN membership? The policy is for members only as far as I can tell.

Hey Doug,

If these are federal student loans, the balance is waived if you die for any reason. I had the same thought a while back, but looked into it and found that it's not a concern.

E

This is linked from the USPA Member website as a broker that can get policies that cover skydiving. http://www.quantumquotes.com/wholesale/quote.asp?id=3414/

I'm in the midst of getting a policy written through them, that covers skydiving. Banner Life Insurance is underwriting the policy. Roughly $1000/year for $300K 10-year term.

I checked with my local Allstate and State Farm, and they wouldn't include skydiving.

In Texas State Farm will cover it but it was somewhere around $200 a mo. This was around two months ago that we got the quote.

I haven't thought to ask about skydiving specifically. I did ask my insurance about coverage when I deployed after getting out. They said they cover everything including suicide. $250k for about $22 a month. I have USAA from when I was military and tried to up it before my first deployment but I guess after you get out it's stuck where it is. Policy is good for 50 years, not sure if the rates are affected during that time though either. If you can get a USAA policy while your active think about increasing it before leaving.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.