Ty_Locke

Too big to jump?

Thanks again everyone. I finally got ahold of some people at my local DZ and they suggested I check out the nearest powered paragliding school for now. At least I'll get some airtime, right? When I "retire" in a decade or fifteen years and drop 40+ lbs I'll be sure to REALLY hit the skies. I appreciate all of your support and constructive criticism. Blue skies! :-)
-Ty

do i qualify to join the anvil bros if i'm 245 out the door? i can always put on another 10 or 15 lbs pretty easy if not. B|

>200# nekkid and jump with another AB.

AB is NOT restricted to the male gender, hence the term "Anvil Brothers _Skydiving Team_"

MaxxMadMaxx now owns the AB skydiving team.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

dude If you ever get in the air. I for one would love to jump with ya. ton of fun load anyone? pm me dude. I've been over 250 for years. and my fat ass does it.

But were you 295# when your fat ass was a student 30 years ago? :o:o;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Your mass at 5'11" 240#'is still going to have you falling at speeds in excess of most skydivers fall rate. It's a physics thing of which Winsor can address in depth.

In short, can we get you in the air? Yes.
Can we get you to your A license? Yes.
Will anybody jump with you after that so you can progress in RW skills (required for BASE and wingsuit)? Probably Not.

I am 6ft and 250 lbs. I have to disagree with you on your last point. I have found many people willing to jump with me. I get to work on those RW skills every time I go to the DZ. With the suit, and swoop cords and body position, I am slow enough to jump with many people at our DZ. And as a coach I am always on the lookout for larger students and new A licensees to help out.

OK. My bad for sounding so definitive.... but admittedly, you and I the other Anvil Brothers are the exception and not the rule. By the way.. have you joined yet? http://www.facebook.com/people/Anvil-Brothers/100001679884686

Are the anvil brothers just a group of big skydivers or something? Or is it something else?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!