motoxbudd

medical insurance

this question goes out to anyone who has suffered an injury from skydiving severe enough to land ya in a hospital. first off, did you have insurance at the time? secondly did you lie about how u got hurt? and finally if u told them the truth, did insurance cover the medical costs? if the latter, what insurance did u have, and was it through work or private?

-moto

I've never been injured badly enough to be an inpatient, but I have been to the ER and sought medical care there and subsequently from my doctor on three separate occasions (with two different insurance companies) for more minor skydiving injuries. Both insurance plans were through my employer (two different jobs).

I've never lied about how I was injured, and it's always been covered fully (other than copays, of course).

That said, the information I just gave you is 100% useless to you (unless we just happen to be employed at the same place under the exact same plan ;)). What matters is that you read the specific detail of the plan you choose to find out what is and isn't covered. Searching for the phrase "Exclusions and Limitations" in the fine print is a good place to start.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I had a tib/fib compound fracture 2 months ago. Had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance. Had surgery and spent 3 nights in the hospital.

I have insurance through my husband. No reason to lie especially since I was transported to hospital via ambulance. Before I started jumping, I made sure by reading over the coverage carefully, that skydiving injuries would be covered. Insurance was employer provided.

lie about how u got hurt?

Be careful, it's called insurance fraud, & while you might away with a broken toe or something, it would likely be a different story for a broken back or the like. You see these insurance co,s. have people they employ, called investigators.

this question goes out to anyone who has suffered an injury from skydiving severe enough to land ya in a hospital. first off, did you have insurance at the time? secondly did you lie about how u got hurt? and finally if u told them the truth, did insurance cover the medical costs? if the latter, what insurance did u have, and was it through work or private?

-moto

Amost back in the day when we were in college we had a less than adequate insurance policy with a large loophole that excluded injuries involving A/C accidents my claim for a broken ankle and fib was denied because I jumped from a airplane:S

The good news was I was a vet the bad news was I got treated by the VA[:/]

After that BS we never got hurt again so we never lied But when anyone got hurt at the DZ we would transport the injured folks to the Hospital ourselves (back in the day the injuries weren't as serious as these days.

Just ankles, tibs and fibs. Took a guy to the ER with two broken Legs ea one a tib and fib. ER Dt asked what happened?

Fell out of tree:) Dr comes back with the x rays explains small and large bone are busted in both legs.

You mean the tib & fib:) Dr's asks if we have any medical training. I can not tell a lie:) Nope:ph34r:

These days the injuries can be much more severe , broken pelvis, punctured lung, compound fractures, weakened aorta, head injuries etc etc etc The golden Hr is critical, hard to lie when the meat wagon or chopper lands at the DZ and cuts your rig and clothe's off on the DZ.[:/]

Minor owee: twisted ankle, broken wrist, finger etc. Folks fall all the time ladders, roofs, tree's etc.

Remember what your mama told you;) every time you lie your nose will get longer. So proceed at your own risk.

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder