YvonneWiggers

Do you bring a phone when skydiving?

No one's even mentioned the GPS capability of many phones nowadays. It could come in handy if you're hurt (whether you could make a call or not). Or if you're stuck in a tree and don't quite know exactly where.

+1

I had my phone with me on an off landing. I turned on Latitude (an app that lets you see other friends locations when they have it enabled), called my friend and told him to turn his on and come pick me up. Then I dropped my gear and started packing. No need to give him directions, he just drove right to me. Pretty handy. I always keep a pull up cord on me too.

i take one to call my mom in freefall! haha, i just carry mine in my jumpsuit pocket, in case i land off and break a leg or such. there are a lot of fields out by us that are hard to access and it can be hard to tell where someone lands off even if you see them coming down. rather have one than wish i had one when im laying in a field waiting for someone to find me!
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

The only reason I can see for carrying one is if I get hurt enough to need it, and not too hurt to use it, or if I land someone who's too hurt for me to leave to go find help.

So nope, I don't carry one. I have lots of out landings (I jumped a round for a long time), and walking back is time consuming and nothing else.

Wendy P.

+1

Fossil time: When landing out we always tried to land close to a road,

But there was at least one times before cell phones that it could have saved at least one jumpers life that I know of.:(

Life a bitch when you need to rush someone to the hospital, after dark in Ks, no phones, the car has a flat and no spare :(:(

These days almost everyone has a cell just borrow there's;) It's nice when someone lands out and someone from the load lands with them just in case.

FWIW.;)

R.
One Jump Wonder