btvr

Whuffos pointing out incidents

"Ha Ha, saw this and thought of you".

that's pretty tacky - I see your outrage

that individual would get a serious note back from me if it was sent to me

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

And tbh I have to stop myself punching the customers out
Searing pain through my hand I have to suppress the rage to punch them out..

seriously, find someone to talk to

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Can't believe someone would start it that way about something tragic like this.

Tragic to us - not tragic to those who only hear it as a news report, and might even see something funny in it. Look at the kick most of us get out of reading 'Darwin Award' stories. There are some groups of people, including skydivers, who are popularly thought to 'have it coming to them.'

And by the way, it cuts both ways.

damn it really does cut both ways...

am I going to hell now for having tears in my eyes from laughter?

Oh, I doubt it :)
But my point was that jumpers are happy to make jokes about tragic death as long as it involves one of 'them' rather than one of 'us'. If we'd come across a similar thread about a skydiving fatality in one of 'their' forums, I'm pretty sure there'd have been outrage here - but that seems like double standards to me.

The death of a lawyer is no less tragic than the death of a skydiver, but we are fair game for non-jumpers in the same way that lawyers apparently are for us. We shouldn't be shocked or offended when they make light of incidents in the sport.

i work with/in employment law so i kind of know what a lawyer goes trough :)

but I still have a sick humor. hehe

But now i must think of the new HIMYM episode, the blond one wants to get laid with his girlfriend and finaly the night has come, but that evening everything goes wrong in the woerst moments.

in the end they are on the balcony and someone commits suicide the moment he turned it around and they wanted to kiss.

and what do the editors make as backround noise? laughter, while the 2 actors play shocked.

10 sec laters he makes a joke it wouldn't be so bad because that guy once stole his news-journal.