Anvilbrother

What to do with SCR/SCS patch and number strip

So I got my SCR/SCS awards in, and im unsure of the traditions of the patch and number strip. I want to put the patches on my jumpsuit, but unsure if the number strips go also, or if they are meant for a gear bag, or what. What did you do with yours?:)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

You might try putting the patch and the card in a shadow box type picture frame. It looks pretty good. Back in the day we would wear them on our jumpsuits but they get trashed after a while two jumps.

Sparky

FIFY ;) I was jumping a piglet B| when I got my SCR

The shadow-box idea is excellent. Get a big enough one for future awards and such. Or a really nice album. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

You might try putting the patch and the card in a shadow box type picture frame. It looks pretty good. Back in the day we would wear them on our jumpsuits but they get trashed after a while two jumps.

Sparky

The shadow-box idea is excellent. Get a big enough one for future awards and such. Or a really nice album. :)

Glass-top coffee table with recessed compartment to display your skydiving awards. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sparky

Wuss, I got about 500+ jumps on a Piglet. Did most of the test jumps on the R-3 and R-4 reserves.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/PigletCRW.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Glass-top coffee table with recessed compartment to display your skydiving awards. :P

Great visual, but these are skydivers we're talking about. First time you have a party, there will be more beer _in_ the little recessed area in the coffee table than was bought for the party.

"Hey, is that a beer-filled fishtank?"
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

Sparky

Wuss, I got about 500+ jumps on a Piglet. Did most of the test jumps on the R-3 and R-4 reserves.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/PigletCRW-2.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Years ago (apparantly before a "number strip" was invented)I made a logbook cover out of Para Pak and sewed the SCR and SCS patches on that cover. For many years, I enjoyed seeing the patches when I logged. As time marched on, and the sport progressed, and since most skydivers who started jumping after the 80's had never even heard of SCS or SCR, up to yr 2000, when I still logged I had to explain what the patches were when a younger skydiver would see it. Now I'll bet not one of a 100 skydivers at the dropzones now have ever heard of these awards; or if they had 'kinda heard' of them, what they are, or what SCS or SCR translates to. It is kinda a 70's and possibly 80's thing that has endured, and is still cool, but just not that mainstream now. I'd opt to put them on a logbook cover, because your non skydiving friends who would see that stuff in your living room in a shadow box wouldn't really care. It's a skydiver thing.

Hi Big guy

See a the following thread

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4208802;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

IMO some folks earn their SCR's and others [:/]

If everyone has a patch, these days it could mean a lot of things.:P

Never heard about the number patch thing. The lower the number just means your old or know people.:)
OTOH we did get to meet SCR #1 at a DZ I used to jump at "Mr Gary Young"B|

Gary isn't to old, he's just older than most of us.

I'm not trying to slam you about your patch and number. It yours do whatever you want to do with it:)
K-RIP