nitrodan

LAS VEGAS!!!

I was going to start a thread to ask this but this should do. No need to clog up the forums if I don't have to.

This summer a big group of friends is coming in from out of the country and decending upon LV. They've expressed interest in going and doing tandem skydives while in LV. Here's the criteria I'm looking for, if you could help point me to the most appropriate DZ I would really, really appreciate it!

1. I have my A license so I'll be looking to rent gear and jump as well. Thus, a pro shop is necessary.

2. As I mentioned, it will be a large group of tandems. Maybe 10 or so. So a jump plane that could get everyone on the same load would be nice.

3. Closer to the strip is better. We'll either be cabbing or slamming into as few vehicles as possible.

4. Cost is (as always) a factor. My guess is a lot of people do tandems while on vacation in LV and I'd prefer to stay away from a DZ with a high "tourist premium."

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated!

And if there's anyone in the thread who jumps in LV regularly and wants to sync up for the day I'd be happy to stay and jump all day. I can always meet up with the whuffos again later in the day. =)

My advice would be to save your money and blow in the city of Las Vegas and do your tandem experience closer to home. The DZs in the are will struggle to meet your requirements in an efficient way.

I just jumped on Mar 4, 2012 with SDLV and the crew was friendly, very little waiting around and the view was amazing. Have previously jumped in jean at VES and a lot of nasty bad attitudes, waiting around for literally hours and all you can see is dirt from your dive. Just my 2 cents. Most of the former instructors that are super cool moved from VES to SDLV. That tells you something about the management or lack of....:o