Shredex

Tracking suit. When can I start flying one?

I've got 8 jumps now on my Intrudair Tracking Suit and I love it. Since getting it, it's all that I fly now. I have the same goal as you on flying a wingsuit once I reach the 200 mark. I've taken wingsuit training course with Ed up at Lodi. So glad of taken the course since now every exit is wingsuit style while waering my tracking suit. Then processed onto my flight plan. Finding my flight plan is something I'm trying to dial in as quickly as possible.

I looked at all the tracking suits and went with Intrudiar since you can't beat the prices and their tracking suit comes with booties. I've flown them once, left like my pants were about to come off. Maybe pants weren't on tight enough.

One thing that I have about the tracking suits is that they are real hot to wear. I sweat like a pig and then freeze at about 8k feet once I cools off.

I'd highly suggest getting one. This is mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn5z7SBv1Qs&feature=plcp

The booties sound like a nicer touch. I'll have to ask around about it with some comparison. Whats the average cost for a suit?

I just still wish Tony would make a tracking suit :[
...it would help cause the darn manufacture is on my DZ!

Edit: After watching that video again, I noticed the dude modeling the suit is the same dude I saw at the DZ last weekend with his tracking suit lol

Ya both videos are of me. I work in production and my tracking suit got shipped to my work so I made a quick video on our green screen.

I did some research before going with Intrudair. First I was fired up on getting the Pressurized Tube 3 but the cost is pretty high. I contacted Phoenix-Fly since I heard they were coming out with a new version of their tracking suit. Their response was that their suit is for experienced trackers and the cost was going to be close to the Tube 3 if I remember correctly.

Here's the cost break-down in EUROS

Intrudiar = 345
Pressurized = 530
Phoenix-Fly = 415

these costs are based off their websites.

People say that Tony Suits has one but I never got around at finding out if they do or not. Guessing that if they don't have one, they will very soon (just a guess).

I'd say get one ASAP cause they are some much fun to fly. I'm pretty much done falling in RW. To me it's all about increasing my flight time during my skydives. Can't wait to fly a wing suit.

Aha! Small world. When I saw your suit hanging though I thought it was a phoenix-fly but it looked a bit off.

I was actually looking at this suit:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=131674

Size small and I love the colors.
I wont be investing in one for awhile, still learning. I just like to build knowledge as I go so once I get there I'm not going in blind and my brain has had plenty of time to absorb the knowledge.

I think Phoenix Fly recommends at least 80 skydives before flying theirs.

I think they're down to 50 now. I ran across their instruction manual online somewhere. One place it still says 80, one says 50. I asked someone at my home dropzone who has one, and she said it's 50 now.

Maybe just go right to the source and ask Phoenix-fly! :)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I think 100 jumps is probably a good time to start. The real difference I think is remembering your leg straps underneath the pants.

There are several failure modes for tracking suits that I have come across from other's experience.
1. Zipper blows out (in one or both legs), resulting in a hard turn left/right
2. Waist belt is too loose, pants shoot down and trail by your ankles, resulting in a head low position.

So, that might be an idea of what to expect if something goes wrong. Also, on the very large tracking suits, like the Tube3 and the new Phoenix fly pants, there is a possibility of the butt area interfering with your pull. I've never had a problem, but the material does get quite close when inflated.

Flying a tracking suit is a lot different than normal tracking I have found.. the same body position you use in normal tracking may not be the most efficient position for the tracking suit. Most suits perform better being flown head low.

I think Phoenix Fly recommends at least 80 skydives before flying theirs.

I think they're down to 50 now. I ran across their instruction manual online somewhere. One place it still says 80, one says 50. I asked someone at my home dropzone who has one, and she said it's 50 now.

Maybe just go right to the source and ask Phoenix-fly! :)

http://www.phoenix-fly.com/products/wingsuits/phoenix-fly_tracking_suit

Right at the bottom it says 80. I was in contact with them about tracking suits a few weeks ago. While not shown on their web page they still make their more traditional tracking suit that they say would be better suited for a beginner, and still very good in the hands of a skilled tracker.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”