MiaUK

Skydive Wedding UK/Spain/Portugal

Hi everyone, i have recently got engaged and are trying to plan a skydive wedding (preferably in the uk/spain/portugal).
Both me and my fiance have only done a tandem jump (at Skydive Algarve), i am saving up to do the AFF course as tandem just wasn't enough!
Just wondering if anyone else has had a skydive wedding, and could recommend anywhere, as been looking on different websites but not found much info!
Hoping i will have passed the AFF course by the time we get married so will be able to jump alone!!

What do you consider a "Skydive Wedding"?

Do the cermony on the ground and then go jump?

Do the cermony in the plane and jump out after saying "I do"? This has been done a few times, including out of a balloon.

Do the cermony and then jump into the reception?

The last one isn't really suitable for a solo student, unless the reception is at the DZ. I know a qualified jumper that jumped into the parking lot of the reception facility. After the pictures, when everyone else jumped into the limos and headed to a few bars before going to the reception hall, 4 guys plus the pilot went to the airport and got on the plane. It went very well. They landed just as the rest of the group was arriving.

This is a pretty unusual situation, and I don't think you'll find much on the websites.
But if you get in touch with them and tell them what you are looking to do, you will find out pretty quickly who is willing to do something.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

We got married on a skydive back in April. A four way out of a Cessna - us, our "preacher" and the cameraman. We did part of the ceremony on the ground before loading, part in the plane, the i do's and kiss in freefall and the rings in the landing area. It was awesome.

Think we would want to do abit of both, so bit of a ceremony on the ground and then a bit on the way up in the plane!
Found a dz in Vegas that actually do a package wedding, but its a longgg way for us to go. Will have to message some dzs around here and see what replies i get!

In Kent, nearest dz is Headcorn.
Not really sure where to start with trying to plan this! As would need permission from dz to hold ceremony there, and then also need the person to marry us there (and to get them there)! and then hope that the weather is suitable on the day to be able to jump!

First thing to do if you want to do it like we did would be to get through AFF, buy gear and get the FS1.

I don't know about the UK, but in the US it's easy to get certified to marry people; we asked a jumper friend if he would marry us and he had the paperwork within a week. If it's that easy in the UK, there is likely someone at your local dz who has already done it and could officiate for you.

We had a couple of regular Headcorn jumpers who married at Port Lypme castle.
The groom arranged it so himself,best man and some jumping guests could jump into the reception.
You would need a demo license to do this.

Could try contacting Richard Wiggins on FB it was his wedding (now happily devorced).
I've been jumping at Headcorn for 12years and in my time i've never experience a on DZ wedding but that doesn't mean it isn't doable so go along and speak to either Pete or Jane as the're probably best placed to answer that one.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.