Bazzy

Cookie flatlock adapter on mindwarp?

Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone has used the cookie flatlock adapter on there mindwarp with success. I would prefere top mounting my cx100 than side mounting it and not a fan of boneheads top mount adapter. Any other suggestions?

thanks alot!

hey dude,
I spoke to Mr Cookie himself about this. I jump an old bonehead which i think might be a mindwarp (about seven years old, percursor to the Gunner?). I've been wantnign to upgrade from my old setam powered pc105 to the cx100 and hoped he'd say, "yep no worries, in fact, just for asking me, have a flatlock, on the house, also here's three hundred dollars to spend on jump tickets." Sadly, he didn't.
Even sadder, he said mating the flatlock to a bonehead would be pretty difficult as the flatlock is designed to fit Cookie helmets perfectly and any twisting or distorting of the mount makes the whole flatlock inoperable. Basically, with hopes and dreams dashed on carbon fibre rocks (or indeed, carbon fibre Roks), I'm now planning on just getting a new helmet, rather than adding stuff to the other stuff i've added to the extra stuff i've added to my helmet.
I should say i asked him this in person with my helmet in hand and there was discreet but definate twisting of the flatlock to get it to mate with the helmet.
I'd also like to add, to counter any negativity this post may imply, Cookie is a seriously cool guy and I don't doubt he'd go above and beyond to help.
m

Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone has used the cookie flatlock adapter on there mindwarp with success. I would prefere top mounting my cx100 than side mounting it and not a fan of boneheads top mount adapter. Any other suggestions?

thanks alot!

We have had Flatlocks successfully mounted to other manufacturer's helmets, including the Mindwarp. Cookie now makes 6 different types of adaptors for all of their helmet shapes, and we've always found that at least one of those will work on other helmets.

The trick is figuring out which one. We'll send out all 6 adaptors, and you just keep the one that fits your Mindwarp with the Flatlock.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

sweet news.
Dude could you let me know which one works?

That's the part you'll need to work out by trying them on the helmet and then sending all but the one that doesn't fit back to us.

You can call, e-mail or pm me for details on the logistics of the shipping/returns.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

i'm almost sry for digging out this old thread but i guess its better than getting flamed for not using the forum search ;)

back to topic:

did the testing work out?
and if, which one of the adapters fitted best?

greets
Shiv