catyduck

B license over the winter?

[email]Hi, everyone,

I'd like to travel to Someplace Warm, USA over the winter and get in some concentrated jumping. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that offers a sort of camp or dedicated course focused on checking off the B license requirements. I've gotten a couple of recommendations for canopy courses, but I would also need water training, the test, etc.
An actual intentional water landing would be a bonus! But definitely not a requirement.

I'm in the Midwest and it will almost certainly be cheaper for me to fly, so the dz would need to have non-tent housing (or, I guess, rentals) or a close and cheap motel.

Thanks in advance! I really want to go into next season with my B license so I can get in on spring night jumps. :)

ETA: Apologies if this post belongs in "places to jump." Please move if necessary, thanks!

Eloy (Skydive Arizona) holds B-license weekends with a canopy course, water training, and written exam. Last time I looked it appeared that they were doing this roughly monthly.

Actual water jumps are mighty rare... they are a real gear challenge.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Any of the large DZs in SoCal, Arizona, or Florida would be able to accommodate this I'm sure.

SDAZ's calendar is on their website: http://www.skydiveaz.com/

I would not recommend jumping into a large body of water in the winter in (for obvious reasons). Water training in the winter is going to be pretty chilly unless the pool is heated. :P

NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Skydive Elsinore holds Canopy Courses every other weekend (and can accommodate special schedule requests) and water training as well (Not uncommon to schedule water training on a weekday).
Perris has similar.
Eloy is great; concentrated jumping however, can occur at just about every southern CA DZ, and you're close to the ocean, major attractions, and a host of DZ's. In SoCal, you have Elsinore, Perris, Oceanside, Las Vegas, Lompoc all within a 3-4 hour drive. Elsinore, Perris, Oceanside are all within less than an hour of each other.
Lodging is cheap; plus Elsinore and Perris both offer low-cost bunkhouses. With several major airports (LAX, Long Beach, Ontario, Orange County, San Diego, Palm Springs, Burbank) it's easy to find a low cost way to visit the area.

SD San Marcos in Texas. We have a pool that we do water training in all the time and they do a free B license canopy course. Bunk room is $10 bucks a night. I did my AFF here and moved to Texas from VA so I could jump here. Really nice friendly place. Cool area too, Austin and San Antonio are pretty close. Truth is any of the DZs people have said here will work.

ChuckMartin

SD San Marcos in Texas. We have a pool that we do water training in all the time and they do a free B license canopy course. Bunk room is $10 bucks a night. I did my AFF here and moved to Texas from VA so I could jump here. Really nice friendly place. Cool area too, Austin and San Antonio are pretty close. Truth is any of the DZs people have said here will work.

I second that. I'm in NY and as a matter of fact am going down to San Marcos this weekend to do the same thing! Bunk room is pretty nice and really nice people. Also, Austin is one of my favorite cities to hang out in. See you guys this weekend!

Stephen