1 1
Seyoum

East Coast best skydive center

It very much depends on the time of year, because above New York the skydiving season doesn't really get started until April or, more likely, May. DZ's that are open all winter will have limited operation in that area, and be open only on weekends.

Regardless of anything, 100 jumps in 20 days is an aggressive rate, simply because weather can be unpredictable (understatement of the year). But I'll let others chime in about other DZs

Wendy P.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:22 PM, wmw999 said:

It very much depends on the time of year, because above New York the skydiving season doesn't really get started until April or, more likely, May. DZ's that are open all winter will have limited operation in that area, and be open only on weekends.

Regardless of anything, 100 jumps in 20 days is an aggressive rate, simply because weather can be unpredictable (understatement of the year). But I'll let others chime in about other DZs

Wendy P.

I scheduled for April 15th, as my family wanted to visit NY. I was hoping to find something fun to do while they are sightseeing.

Anyhow Thanks Wendy!

3 hours ago, Seyoum said:

I scheduled for April 15th, as my family wanted to visit NY. I was hoping to find something fun to do while they are sightseeing.

Anyhow Thanks Wendy!

Mid April the closest place I can think of for busting out a lot of jumps is N. Carolina, Raeford. Connecticut Parachutists in Ellington, CT is open all year, and they will probably already have their Caravan (I think) running, but most likely only on weekends. The Ranch, in upstate New York, might also be open already. Neither of those is real close to NYC, though; at least an hour and maybe more.

There are, however, tunnels in the area, in Paramus NJ and Westchester NY.

Wendy P.

14 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Mid April the closest place I can think of for busting out a lot of jumps is N. Carolina, Raeford. Connecticut Parachutists in Ellington, CT is open all year, and they will probably already have their Caravan (I think) running, but most likely only on weekends. The Ranch, in upstate New York, might also be open already. Neither of those is real close to NYC, though; at least an hour and maybe more.

There are, however, tunnels in the area, in Paramus NJ and Westchester NY.

Wendy P.

Thanks so much Wendy !