1 1
skydive80

Garrett Powered King Air 90

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I'm sure I am misinterpreting you. It seems you want the romance and adventure that is now gone from your life back again. If you were to forego the large door of a Caravan and once more tolerate the Beechcraft cave style entry and egress you will also leave behind the increased control and safety of the updated tricycle gear successor to the Beech 18. I can understand the desire to relive the old days. But why stop at the Westwind? Why not give the R-985s another day in the Sun?

Hi Ken,

While I no longer have it, I still remember boarding behind a radial engine in a brand new white jumpsuit.  Multiple washings did get the oil out but the spots never did come out.

C'est la vie,

Jerry Baumchen

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I'm sure I am misinterpreting you. It seems you want the romance and adventure that is now gone from your life back again. If you were to forego the large door of a Caravan and once more tolerate the Beechcraft cave style entry and egress you will also leave behind the increased control and safety of the updated tricycle gear successor to the Beech 18. I can understand the desire to relive the old days. But why stop at the Westwind? Why not give the R-985s another day in the Sun?

I did, once. I traded a Seneca I for a Twin Beech back in the early 80's. At the time it seemed a swell idea. On a grand suggestion I ordered a jumpsuit the color of Beech oil. And yes, as you seem want to do, you are misinterpreting me.