wesk

Jump door STC approvals for Cessna 182H

Sealand are a class act.

They do a great job of maintaining the jump-planes for Campbell River Skydive Center and hold a variety of STCs.

They are also developing a diesel conversion for DHC-2 Beaver. I saw their diesel Beaver demonstrated at the Boundary Bay airshow and they flew it like they were renting runway by the foot!

4 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Sealand are a class act.

They do a great job of maintaining the jump-planes for Campbell River Skydive Center and hold a variety of STCs.

They are also developing a diesel conversion for DHC-2 Beaver. I saw their diesel Beaver demonstrated at the Boundary Bay airshow and they flew it like they were renting runway by the foot!

That they are: a total class act. I had them do the job in 2015. Here is my email to Aaron at Sealand after the job was done:

Aaron,

My apologies for the delayed reply. You said you hoped for a strong finish and that it was. In my 28 years in aviation I have never witnessed, much less been the recipient of, a better display of customer service. Your crew was excellent. The installation is great. The door and step are perfect. Thank you.

I do have one suggestion. The paperwork allows for 4 jumpers. With the TrollTune Fresh Pick 150#  Gross Weight Increase STC (which I have) 5 jumpers would be no problem. Adding that to the kit by modification or 8110-3 would be a major addition and make all other kits obsolete. Just a thought.

Feel free to use any of this email in your advertising.

Best,

Joe Weber

That's a Canadian STC so you would want to do your Due Diligence and make sure that its been standardized for install on a N# registered aircraft first before purchase, i.e. the FAA needs to accept it.

As Rob and Joe have said Sealand has a boat load of STCs for all aircraft types, so it may have already been standardized. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, totter said:

That's a Canadian STC so you would want to do your Due Diligence and make sure that its been standardized for install on a N# registered aircraft first before purchase, i.e. the FAA needs to accept it.

As Rob and Joe have said Sealand has a boat load of STCs for all aircraft types, so it may have already been standardized. 

Cheers

Indeed. Sealand have an FAA DAR that used the CAA STC to create an FAA 8110-3. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Well, here you go. Sealand posted this in August on their FB page:

Great news for our American skydiving friends!
Sealand Aviation Ltd. has been granted US STC SA04835NY for the installation of a Skydive step, Skydive door, and seat removal for all Cessna 182 thru 182P model aircraft.
This US STC pairs with our Canadian STC SA11-68. Now there is no place in North America that you cannot jump out of a Sealand Aviation 182 Skydive Plane. Two different steps are available for the two different landing gear styles.
The seatbelts are replaced with a single tag-line harness for each jumper so there is less clutter to get tangled up in. If you already have a door, just install the step. If you don’t need a step, just install the door. If you need to fly passengers, reinstall the seats and you are good to go. The approval allows you to choose how much or how little you install.
Jumping out of a 182 has never been easier or looked so good!
Email parts@sealandaviation for price and availability.
  • Like 2