speciolist_

Breakage of the fastex on the helmet

It will be difficult.  If you have worked with fiberglass before, you'll have to lay down a few layers in that area (after prepping the surface) then finish to your liking.  You probably can't reuse the edging since the repair will be thicker but you could try it.  You will likely be switching to a nut and bolt to hold the strap on; that will take some filing and filling to make sure there are no snag points on the finished helmet.

• Like 1

Yes, thank you for your answers, I have a new Kiss helmet, but I just wanted to restore this one somehow, but I think this is unlikely to work.

On 8/17/2023 at 12:48 AM, skyderrill66 said:

Buy a new helmet your life is worth more than the price of a new helmet

On 8/16/2023 at 11:15 PM, billvon said:

It will be difficult.  If you have worked with fiberglass before, you'll have to lay down a few layers in that area (after prepping the surface) then finish to your liking.  You probably can't reuse the edging since the repair will be thicker but you could try it.  You will likely be switching to a nut and bolt to hold the strap on; that will take some filing and filling to make sure there are no snag points on the finished helmet.

On 8/17/2023 at 12:48 AM, skyderrill66 said:

Buy a new helmet your life is worth more than the price of a new helmet