roostnureye

Charles Mack (ripcordkid)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=charles%20mack&sb=score&mh=25

That subject has come up a few times before... mixed bag of experiences.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

i sent him some cash for a pilot chute and bridle over a month ago and he will not respond to any emails. pretty shitty for an old timer. if anyone knows how to get in touch with the guy let me know. thanks
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

I spoke with him a few times before ordering the pc and bridle, he knew what he was talking about, and he has sold others pilot chutes and they received them. we exchanged 10-12 emails before I paid him. he also owned a rigging company. but I guess not every old time skydiver is honest. glad it wasnt allot of $$$. still not very happy, and hoping someone has some contact info, or a way to get ahold of the guy
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

BigMark

My theory is the dudes life is so messed up he can't keep track of his Fourteen cat's names let alone who he sold a pilot chute to.

So Believe it or not......
the pilot chute i ordered finally arrived.
its only 3 months after i ordered it.
the attachment point is so small you have to use a hard link/ no larks head, and it came with a hackey handle that i didnt order or want.
and ive already bought another pc and bridle waiting for this ine to show up.
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

this was a replacement. i had to wait for the p.o. to trace the original, and give me the insurance money before i sent the replacement and in fact YOU DID order it with the hackey. you originally wanted it not attached,which i did not have time to fabricate special for you this time around. i have been making pilotchutes since 1977(probably before you were even born) ,and have multiple repeat customers.i just finished up an order of 10 for australia, for a repeat customer. yours is the only complaint i have ever received about the attachment. i work 60 hours a week on top of rigging and stuff, so this is a part time enterprise .

thats funny you respond with a different screen name now, I can't even tell you how many people pm'd me saying you scammed them as well, took their money and never delivered the product.
all you had to do was simply send an email and let your customers know why it's been 3 months and they still dont have what they paid for. you claim you sent it out in july but never sent me a tracking number or email to say it's on the way.
then months later when you try the scam again your account is locked and you have to do something now or the scam can't be perpetuated. good luck I'll never do business with you again, and I sure as hell won't let my friends fall for your nonsense either
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

The order for the 10 pilot chutes was for me...... Received them after a little wait, but not too bad......

I did however order another 6 in October 2013 - Which have still not turned up (8 months later!) after a few emails, of which some got a reply, some didn't.

Either way - I'm down $300US