Floats18

Best Skydiving Movie EVER (Chris Cowden)

You know what Ron? You already established how important your opinion is to me when you made insensitive, crass and downright rude remarks while I was trying to report on the death of a team mate in the incident forum back in 2003

Are you talking about this post? http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=661029#661029

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy was flying a demo velocity 96, a parachute well within his capabilities,

What did he normally jump? And "well within his capabilities" is based on what?

In Reply To

he initiated a good turn but
was not set up over the grass, instead he was flying towards the driveway.

Why? Traffic? Wind? Was he trying to set up to the driveway?
And the grass might not have made a difference.

In Reply To

I witnessed his landing and that
fact may have distracted him for a fatal, split second.

I don't follow this...You watching him distracted him from flaring?

In Reply To

He started to plane out the canopy just too late and
impacted the drive way with incredible force.

A hook turn with a badly timed flare?

In Reply To

We'll all miss him

I didn't know him, but I don't doubt this...

But lets use this unfortunate accident to learn a lession.

I don't see anything other than me asking a few questions....which you answered without any attitude back then...But NOW you are all pissed?

I have no freaking clue how you took offense to that.

It HAS to be that since I have only ever resonded to TWO of your threads EVER....I still have no clue how you got pissed at those questions. Maybe you should PM and we can talk about it....Cause I don't get it.....

Hell, I'll re post my last line of that for you again "
In Reply To

We'll all miss him

I didn't know him, but I don't doubt this...

But lets use this unfortunate accident to learn a lesson."

So, I said I am sure people will miss him, and called his accident "unfortunate".

I STILL don't see how you got your panties in a wad over that.

Your heart may be in the right place, but I'm pretty sure your head's up your ass! I know there has to be a purpose for having people with your disposition in the sport - WAIT I got it! Next time I see someone having way too much fun, I'll send them your way, you can suck the joy right out of their life.

Wow nice personal attack!!! ....I don't see how you got all wound up, but you sure did.

Oh and back on topic....You seem to think that I made some half assed threat. Nope, I just think that if you are so rude as to push someone off the plane than you should expect that some people will not like it and get violent. I also stated that some folks find violence funny.

Both are true statements.

I'm sorry you seem to have a problem with me...(I still have no freaking clue why)....But thats not a big enough issue for me to lose sleep over.

I said pushing someone out could be funny depending on how the "pushee" took it....But I guess you would rather just hold onto some misplaced anger.

Anyone else feel like insulting me...Send a PM, they are tons more fun since you can cuss and stuff. :P
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I'm sorry you seem to have a problem with me...(I still have no freaking clue why)....But thats not a big enough issue for me to lose sleep over.

Then we have an accord Ron, I won't lose sleep over your comments and you won't lose sleep over mine..... and as you're putting smilies on every post, here's mine :)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I am talking about the implied attidude.

Oh I'm back for this.

Really? You came back for THIS reply? You should have stuck with your last post. Your "If you don't like what I type...DON'T READ IT" is fucking hilarious, seeing how we are all replying to comments you made having YOUR panties in a wad about a video that you could certainly choose to not watch if you don't like it.

Besides that, the humor part of THIS video was not the push at all. It was simply the making of a funny video where the humor was put into it. The guy didn't push them to be funny or to be a smart ass, he gave them a little nudge to tell them to get going. Surely people have better things to complain about?:S

Class individual. (I enjoy your website)

class? Low Class maybe :P - but thank you (note to self: Got HIM fooled!)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

OK .... step back and put all emotions aside.. so lets review.
1) Yes there is a humorous angle (I didn't want to smile!! really)
2) I think everyone knows that pushing anyone out of a plane is a bad idea, period.

That being said I think that if you have been around small DZ's, there is a certain comradery that is shared. I've been rodeo'd off the step of a 182 a few times....buy friends. If someone did this to me somewhere else whom I didn't know ..... he'd better not have a glass jaw!!

I have been to this DZ a bunch of times and know Chris and others there. They are a real fun bunch, and safety is a priority. Don't dump on a DZ, or group because of one incident. Shit happens that sometimes should not , but it does, and it does everywhere from time to time.

The most important thing is to let people know that this is NOT a safe thing to do, and I think that is what numerous individuals (no names Ron ;)) have tried to make sure gets across.

Chris, you will have to start putting a subtitles on your vids, "do not do this at any DZ!".

Be Safe.

Kent

PS: Kepp that dam Oxford thing away from me!!:P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JUMP SAFE!