SinkingSamara

Human gyrocopter - blade suit

Thin bladed rotors/propellers attached to your arms and legs, spinning at thousands of rpms - I mean - what could go wrong here? Sounds perfectly safe. Especially throwing your hand deployed pilot chute between those spinning devils. Not to mention your main has to dodge them too. It's so obvious it's wonder no one has used them before! Great idea!

I would attach the blades only to your arms. You should tie the legs together and hang a cast iron kettlebell from them to maintain proper orientation. The real problem is that your container will be offset from the spin axis and will likely create severe vibration as your RPMs increase. Fortunately, autorotation should slow you down enough to make parachutes unnecessary, so I don't see any problems with leaving your container on the ground, which will also eliminate any potential deployment issues. Be sure to check winds aloft and your spot before you jump out as horizontal movement will be difficult.

No worries about deploying a p/c. Just auto-rotate to a soft touchdown. Unless the centrifugal forces separate your limbs from your body...... Damn details.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

As nutty as the OP's post is it did make me think of something.

What if a wingsuit was designed with small, rigid or semi-rigid wings added to the top of the arms, legs, or wherever they would work best? Think of it as a biplane of sorts. The skydiver wears the bottom wing (the suit), and the top wing is attached to it. Either that or design a suit with two fabric wings, top and bottom. More lift, longer flights.

Sounds crazy but so did wingsuits until they were perfected.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Yes - a flat spin with the human body as the rotor and specially designed suit with 4 blades for arms and legs. Controlling the angle of attack by slightly twisting legs and arms would allow one to slow spin rate and decrease drop speed. I suspect one could easily blackout unless longer extensions are added and the human is extremely strong, well trained and half crazy. Or perhaps an orangutan might be trainable (I've always believed they could land a wingsuit with more grace than a human and without any cardboard boxes to cushion landing).

SinkingSamara

Or perhaps an orangutan might be trainable (I've always believed they could land a wingsuit with more grace than a human and without any cardboard boxes to cushion landing).

I just thought that deserved to be re-posted.
Apex BASE