MattIRE

AFF 1 baglock

Found over on reddit

https://streamable.com/e/msivr?r=p

Having that non-deployment AFFI hang around that while longer makes deployment much safer. I'm going to bring it up with one of the instructors this weekend.
I do believe it was a bag lock which somehow cleared (as others have mentioned). I don't believe the burble could have extended that far behind the bag.
FYI this was AFF1. If this bag lock had not cleared my life may very well have been in the the hands of the CYPRES 2 as I blanked on the count.

Tandem / Funjump Skydive Locations
Skydiving & BASE logbook app

That was a slow opening.
Not a bag-lock. Bag-lock implies that the deployment bag never opened.

The d-bag cleared the container quickly enough, but I took too long (10 seconds) until the student felt line-stretch as the bag opened. Normal time between pilot-chute toss and line stretch is 1-3 seconds.

I would review pilot-chute porosity because that is the most likely cause of slow deployment.
Rubber band strength might have delayed lines un-stowing, but rubber bands have a minor influence (maybe 20 pounds) compared with how hard the pilot-chute is pulling (80 or more pounds at terminal velocity).

Copyright: Ambulance-chasing lawyers are welcome to quote anything I say on dz.com provided that they pay me $1000
cash per quote.

riggerrob

I would review pilot-chute porosity because that is the most likely cause of slow deployment.

+1 for ragged out PC.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.