LucaD

Fluid Wings Tesla and Crossfire3

Hi all,
I am about to get a new canopy, and I am looking for an upgrade in performance from my current safire3. I want to progressively get into high performance landings, and am considering a fluid wings tesla, or a NZAerosports crossfire3.
Has anyone had the chance of jumping either, or ideally both?
I would like to know how they dive and how is their recovery arc.

Thanks for the help!

I've jumped both. I'm not a swooper so I can't comment on the recovery arc really. Crossfire3 openings are "set it and forget it", whereas you have to actively fly the Tesla's openings. Tesla is very harness sensitive. Much more so than the Crossfire3. Front riser pressure is very high in my opinion on both the Crossfire3 and the Tesla. Higher than my Crossfire2. Very strong flare on both canopies. Crossfire3 felt very similar to my Crossfire2 overall, but that may be due to both being loaded at 1.4.

Thank you, this is very helpful. Do you happen to remember how the speed felt in a turn? Can you build some decent power in the turns with both canopies? I am sort of leaning towards the Tesla, but need to be sure before I pull the trigger :)

I'm just going from memory, no Flysight data or anything, so take what I say with a grain of salt since it's all opinion. I'd recommend doing a demo of the canopies if you can so you can see what style you like better. The Tesla I jumped was a size bigger than the Crossfire3 but felt more aggressive and divey. Definitely treat both canopies with respect though, and work with a qualified canopy coach if possible. :)