1 1
SethInMI

lil help with TonySuit jumpsuit options please

I am finally going to order an RW suit, after jumping a 2nd / 3rd hand homemade suit for about 15 years. I gotta pick out fabric and suit type (want to go with Tony for nostalgia reasons).

I emailed them a few months ago and left them a voice mail last week and haven't heard back, so maybe someone on here can help me pick out what i need in casual RW suit for someone 6'3" and 175-ish lbs w / o gear... pit special with 4-ply? swoop suit w/ cords? 

thanks, PMs welcome too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SethInMI said:

I am finally going to order an RW suit, after jumping a 2nd / 3rd hand homemade suit for about 15 years. I gotta pick out fabric and suit type (want to go with Tony for nostalgia reasons).

I emailed them a few months ago and left them a voice mail last week and haven't heard back, so maybe someone on here can help me pick out what i need in casual RW suit for someone 6'3" and 175-ish lbs w / o gear... pit special with 4-ply? swoop suit w/ cords? 

thanks, PMs welcome too. 

Too many variables to know what's right for you in a forum setting. Average fall rate in your area, your typical fall rate profile, etc., all come into play.

I love Tony suits and have been a user and dealer for 25 years. I suggest finding a dealer in your area and consult with them. Even if you figure out what is truly the right suit for your situation, you still need an accurate measurement and guidance on all the details.

Side note, I never order a jumpsuit without a big Ripper hook knife on the thigh. That way I have an accessible hook knife regardless of what suit I'm wearing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chuckakers said:

Too many variables

i was afraid someone was going to say that.

I have no good idea what the fall rate is in my area; i am at a small midwest dz and have no idea where the closest Tony Suit dealer is, as i was just planning on ordering on the website

• Like 1

Hiya Seth.

HMU for help. I work at a Tony dealer. AND, I learned to jump at Skydive Allegan's predecessor -- Great Lakes Skydivers, formerly in Gobles. Yep - I peeked at your profile, lol. You'll get the same prices through my company that you would if you ordered direct, but you also get our many collective decades of experience selling and jumping Tony Suits (I have personally owned four of them, and loved every one). 

• Like 2

Seth, 

I'll go ahead and throw another vote for Tony Suits, I have nothing against other brands but Tony has been insanely reliable for me. My first pair of Tony FF pants from 2005 still fit and are holding strong. Just be sure you have either a rep measure you or get on the phone with someone to talk you through the measurements because it gets annoying when you mismeasure and the booties end up too short and pull off regularly. 

Good luck, 

Dan

• Like 1