1 1
voilsb

Two out article

About a year or a year and a half ago I read an article either in the USPA Professional or Parachutist Online, or similar, about two outs. I remember the content essentially said that the majority of side by sides tend to develop into biplanes, and talked about tips on how to handle two out situations. 

I can't find the article anymore. Does anyone here remember the article and/or know how to find it? I've searched a bunch and can't find it, and I emailed safety@uspa and he doesn't remember. 

(edited)

That classic Dual Square report dates from 1997. I can add a Jim Cowan (CPS) presentation from the PIA in 2013.

Maybe someone else can keep moving the data closer to the present...

(As I wrote in 2014 somewhere on dz.com: "The document's value seems to be that it goes into more detail about actually flying two-outs that one usually sees. He also adds the case which is neither biplane or side by side but is "in between", and also adds partial deployment of the 2nd parachute. The document doesn't cover landings. ")

9 Dual Deployments - Jim Cowan.pdf

Edited by pchapman
  • Like 1

It wasn't either on those. In fact, it referenced the 1997 report. The article was a click through from an email, but I suppose it may not have come from USPA but instead from a dropzone. I just remember shortly after it came out, talking about it to coaches I was supervising doing emergency procedure reviews and referencing it during FJCs.