tiger93rsl

Passed my AFF level 1 today

I made my first AFF jump today and passed.  I need to slow down and work on my arch on exit and free fall.  I was spot on locking on at 6,000 and a perfect pull at 5,500.  I started my flare a little early but I held it then finished it out, a little early as well.  I was disappointed in my landing due to my early flare, I landed softly on my butt.  I know what I need to work on now and had better control in free fall then I thought I would.  I just need to remember to slow down and work on my arch.  It was way better than any tandem jump I ever done.  I got a lot of satisfaction over what I accomplished today.  I also sent in my application in to the USPA and scheduled my level 2 jump for next weekend.

Unfortunately we had a fatality today at the drop zone.  From what I understand from the other jumpers a hop and pop jumper trimmed out too late and hit the ground at a high rate of speed.  My prayers are with his family.

Edited by tiger93rsl

Well done on the Level 1....  Dialing in the flare was a hard part for me as well. I would flare too high as well. Does your DZ use radios? If so keep using one and ask your coach to guide you until you get a feel for when to start your flare.