warpedskydiver

MagPul Masada

yeah dude, we build and have more weapons/bullets/missile/destorying shit than any other country in the world and we are still looking for weapons of mass destruction some where in desert..

WMD ain't in Iraq, it is located right in your drawer...
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

it is still cool rifle tho,,, it able you to change barrel and other stuff,, i would hate to carry/clean all that,,, god i hated endless hours of cleaning m-16,, and what do you do afterwards??? you shoot blanks,, blanks makes barrel and bolt even more fucked up..
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

it is still cool rifle tho,,, it able you to change barrel and other stuff,, i would hate to carry/clean all that,,, god i hated endless hours of cleaning m-16,, and what do you do afterwards??? you shoot blanks,, blanks makes barrel and bolt even more fucked up..

You can thank Gene Stoner for that ... direct gas impingement...on a battle rifle?? Why the hell would you make a rifle that 'eats where it shits', so to speak?

*shakes head in confusion*
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Direct gas impingment is not neccessarily bad, it just has a few things that are different than gas piston or recoil operation.

All things considered yeah I would like a rifle that does not "shit where it eats" but I don't think I would exchange accuracy, and long term reliability, for a piston, or recoil operated system.

I wish there was a way to keep it clean even if forced to use dirty ammunition, but it just isn't really possible, so I guess just shoot the good stuff and don't overlube, or fail to clean.

Cleaning an AR the old ways is a chore and a half.

Try starting out using Brakeleen and a boresnake, make sure to squirt a bit down the gas tube.

Then make sure you clean the bolt properly use the brakeleen and a fine scotchbrite pad also a dental pick helps.

Make sure to get the tail end of the bolt, and scrape the the reward section of the bolt carrier where it meets the gas rings a scraper from brownell's or midway makes quick work of this.

If you have a chamber that is very nasty you can start by using the brakleen and then use a star brush with some flitz metal polish as this will not remove any of the chambers finish.

It's pretty easy really if you know what your'e doing.

I just wish my FAL was as accurate as my AR15s, it isn't bad, but a 1 1/4" group @100 yards isn't nearly as good as a group that measures under a half inch.

why is it called "Masada?" Isn't Masada the place where all those Jews were holed up when they were being attacked by the Romans, and they all wound up killing themselves rather than be captured or something??:S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------