SStewart

Cindy Wescott D-1396

I got a call from a friend today with the sad news that Cindy passed away after a long battle with cancer. Cindy was one of my jumpmasters when I was a student and we later became good friends. We made hundreds of jumps together in the 80's and early 90's. Cindy was also a very skilled pilot and flew many, many loads of skydivers. One of the best 182 pilots I have ever jumped with.
Cindy and Ralph Hatley have been running their dropzone together in Eagle Creek Oregon since 1977 and operated dropzones in several other locations before that dating back to the 60's. Thousands of students learned to jump with them and many are still in the sport today including myself.
Cindy was a national champion in style and accuracy and one of the best skydivers I have ever jumped with.

I wish I could have jumped with her one more time and I am very sorry to see her leave us too soon.
Onward and Upward!

Hi Scott,

This is simply terrible news.

I have known Cindy since the day of her first jump back in ~ 1965.

She was a very good person.

I was having lunch with Ted Mayfield back in Nov & he said that he had heard that she was having some health problems.

I'll call Ralph & see if there is going to be service for her.

JerryBaumchen

PS) I just talked to Ralph and there will be no services, as per her wishes. He may do something later this year as an informal memorial.

Yeah Jerry, I just talked to Ralph and he said there will be a private service for just family members only this spring but later in the summer he will have a memorial at the dropzone and we will do some sort of jump to honor Cindy.

He said he will keep the dz open and keep plugging along because that is what she wanted.

Pretty sad, she was only 67. Mesothelioma takes 40 to 50 years to show up after exposure and folks who have it don't find out until it is too late.

:(:(:(

Onward and Upward!

I got a call from a friend today with the sad news that Cindy passed away after a long battle with cancer. Cindy was one of my jumpmasters when I was a student and we later became good friends. We made hundreds of jumps together in the 80's and early 90's. Cindy was also a very skilled pilot and flew many, many loads of skydivers. One of the best 182 pilots I have ever jumped with.
Cindy and Ralph Hatley have been running their dropzone together in Eagle Creek Oregon since 1977 and operated dropzones in several other locations before that dating back to the 60's. Thousands of students learned to jump with them and many are still in the sport today including myself.
Cindy was a national champion in style and accuracy and one of the best skydivers I have ever jumped with.

I wish I could have jumped with her one more time and I am very sorry to see her leave us too soon.

Oh NO... I saw the name on there and just can't believe it.

Blue Skies Cindy you can RIP now :(:(