kallend

Michigan courthouse shooting

kallend

Bailiff was careless and got himself and a couple others killed before the shitbag himself was killed.

You can bet courthouses across the nation are reviewing their procedures for handling inmates in court

normiss

I'm curious why a bailiff is armed in a secure environment alongside armed officers.
It's like giving the mall security guard a weapon.

Yes, putting the weapon within the reach of the prisoner is just plain stupid. Prison guards never carry weapons. Something is wrong with the system used in that courthouse.

Edit, Kallend's original post appears to be wrong. The gun was taken from a deputy by the prisoner. Not from a bailiff.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

nolhtairt

***www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/11/three-dead-in-michigan-courthouse-shooting.html

Initial report is that the bad guy took a bailiff's gun.

Bailiff was careless and got himself and a couple others killed before the shitbag himself was killed.

You can bet courthouses across the nation are reviewing their procedures for handling inmates in court

So two trained good guys with guns died and a third was wounded at the hands of a bad guy without a gun. Seems to defy NRA orthodoxy.

FBI data do show that the gun most likely to kill you is one owned by you, a family member or friend.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'll be damned.
I just noticed the city (St Joseph) in which this happened.
I lived there from 1991 to 1993, and I've been in the courthouse.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

I'm curious why a bailiff is armed in a secure environment alongside armed officers.
It's like giving the mall security guard a weapon.

most bailiffs are County Deputies, so they are standard LEO. However most in my area are the most out of shape and lazy of the bunch.