Phil1111

Dallas Police Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest

"Three Dallas police officers and one DART officer have been killed and several others were injured after shots were fired in downtown Dallas during a rally and march Thursday night.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20160707-10-officers-shot-3-dead-sniper-sought-after-shots-fired-during-downtown-dallas-rally.ece

LE officers will be more inclined to shoot first and ask questions later after something like this.

Phil1111

"Three Dallas police officers and one DART officer have been killed and several others were injured after shots were fired in downtown Dallas during a rally and march Thursday night.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20160707-10-officers-shot-3-dead-sniper-sought-after-shots-fired-during-downtown-dallas-rally.ece

LE officers will be more inclined to shoot first and ask questions later after something like this.

The problem with that is, it will make things worse. You'll see more of these home-grown terrorist attacks on police. Blacks are fed up. Having been terrorized by the KKK and white supremacists for decades, really, since the Civil War, pretty much. We're seeing elements of them taking matters in their own hands and going after cops. Pretty brazen if you ask me.

Oh and why is this in Bonfire? It's SC material, just saying. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There are certain facts about a person who does something like this that seem to make all the rest (also relevant) facts be ignored.

If they're a Muslim, nothing else matters. Easy answer.
If they're black, likewise, unless of course they're also Muslim.
Next comes veteran.

Only after those three are not true do people really start to look at reasons besides conditions of birth, religion, etc.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Not at all. I'm saying that taking the first explanation is wrong. Had he been Muslim, this would automatically be put down to terror (look at the Orlando shooting). But it's certainly simplistic to say it really was that.

And from what I've been reading, it would be simplistic to say Dallas is simply another angry minority being goaded into action by Obama :|

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A Missouri cop was shot after responding to a call, and in Bristol, TN a black gunman started shooting at cars on a highway and at a motel before police arrived to confront him and he opened fire on them, who then returned fire and wounded him, but not before he killed one motorist and wounded a few others, including one of the responding cops.

Like I said earlier, these ignorant, angry motherfuckers are going to keep taking matters into their own hands and blast away.

So where is the bloodshed going to end?

Like I said earlier, these ignorant, angry motherfuckers are going to keep taking matters into their own hands and blast away. So where is the bloodshed going to end?

Hasn't ended in recorded history, so I wouldn't hold your breath. The best we can do is reduce it.