AEsco48

Did my AFF-1 yesterday...went well*

Everything went well.... my heart rate was up 20 beats from my 1st tandem (150/170)....

I did everything perfect in free fall except i forgot to wave off and then when i was doing the practice throws my left arm position was to close to my helmet....once on the ground I realized that all the times i practiced the jump in my head i forgot the wave off...

Under canopy i was a little far from the landing zone at 1000ft....but i did the correct landing pattern, just short legs of the pattern...landed on my feet and in the center of the landing zone...there was very little wind and i did the last turn into the wind relatively low...at like 100ft but the instructors said i did it in the right manner by being at half brakes and pulling the left toggle a little more then the right...so it was a slow turn with little altitude lose which gave me plenty of time to come off the brakes and then properly flare

I had a radio but i could not hear anything my instructors were telling me...basically they were saying get close to the landing zone instead of doing more turns over the holding area

if i remembr anything else ill post it...

i have my Hear Rate and Altitude graphed on the computer if anyone wants to see them...

Congratulations!

Sounds like you did pretty well. Don't sweat the mistakes too much. AFF-1 is pretty task loaded since it is the first freefall. Pulling is a little bit more importnat than missing the waveoff. Everything else will come to you in time.

David

Sounds like you did great under canopy. I've done 18 jumps and I have yet to land in the centre of the landing zone! haha, I am the crappiest canopy pilot... I also barely ever land on my feet. I think it's because I don't consciously think to land on my feet, I just... land. So it's usually butt or knees.

Anyway, congrats!

Congratz !

I did my first AFF jump a few weeks ago, and I can still remember that incredible feeling..

About landing, I suck at that too, I managed to hit the right field, but flared WAY to high. That god student canopies are huge, it didn't stall before like a meter above gound, so I just got a hard landing, nothing broken or sprained :-)