btwitche1975

Just An Idea

I don't know how hard the opening shock of a reserve at terminal is but it sure beats impact. :)
As for your comment,
"...maybe be better to have two, one on main and one on reserve..."

Not only would 2 AADs be twice as expensive in an already pricey sport, but many would say that if you need one at all, more or less two, then you should probably take up bowling or golf. ;)

Lastly, the current BOC deployment method is not compatible with an AAD because there is no spring. The cutter on an AAD severs the closing loop which allows the spring-loaded reserve pilot chute to launch, create drag, and extract the mylar bag.
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

would make cypres misfires lots of fun!

Haha....true. Didn't think about that. Lol. I like 'em how they are. Nice 'n simple.

I don't know how hard the opening shock of a reserve at terminal is but it sure beats impact. :)
As for your comment,
"...maybe be better to have two, one on main and one on reserve..."

Not only would 2 AADs be twice as expensive in an already pricey sport, but many would say that if you need one at all, more or less two, then you should probably take up bowling or golf. ;)

Lastly, the current BOC deployment method is not compatible with an AAD because there is no spring. The cutter on an AAD severs the closing loop which allows the spring-loaded reserve pilot chute to launch, create drag, and extract the mylar bag.

with that set up it would not work but some rigs ive seen the handel is not connected to the pc , instead the pc is packed in the main container, not sure what that set up is called but one person i know has it, seems a little safer way if your doing some of the things he does and in cramped planes, major reduction in chance of pc prematurly coming out, but again pulling higher is easier cheaper and safer for all
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak