kallend

2 year old shoots Grandma

News sources confirm the pistol was legally purchased by the 2 year old boy himself, or a family member.

The boy was said to have made threatening comments on social media sites, and could have possibly had mental health issues.

The shooting rampage ended only after the crazed child was distracted with a set of car keys.

This latest occurrence of murderous gun violence has launched renewed political pressure for increased background checks, and imprisonment of all gun owners immediately.

I don't, I am just amused by the spin trend that gets applied to these incidents. I will admit though, I do have a lack of empathy for the woman who thought it was a good idea to keep her loaded firearm in the seat back pocket directly in front of the CAR SEAT that a 2 year old child sits in.

People like this, and intervening people like this, is what will start showing positive impacts on these types of problems.

(Thank god it was her that paid for her bad judgment, and not the child)

headoverheels

(Thank god it was her that paid for her bad judgment, and not the child)

The person shot was the front seat passenger, not the gun owner.

Well then, unfortunately it's the grandmother and the child who suffered from that gun owners stupidity. Still glad it wasn't he child. I've seen small children with bullet holes in them, and I don't think that kid would have held up very well against a .357 mag

I don't find any thing funny about this. I truly hate it when I hear about an accidental shooting, first and foremost for the person or persons that got shot. And second for the fallout that will come from it.
Whoever left this gun in the seatback pocket should face charges. Part of being a gun owner is storing them responsibly, this one was not.
It would not have stopped the two year old from grabing it and shooting someone, but this is why I think gun safety should be taught in schools. It would teach proper storage and handling. And also make them not so much of a mystery to so many. I went to the only school in California in the late 70s that taught gunsmithing. More should today it is a valuable trade. Right along with woodshop, metalshop, welding, electronics, autoshop. All classes I took that are no longer available.
But back to gun handling. People,don't want to educate our youth on the safe handling of guns, but fight tooth and nail to for all forms sex education. Wich before anybody wants to jump my shit I am not opposed to sex education.I am just amazed at the number of people that think one is necessary and the other one will cause more damage. I think they both are necessary. Use to be the family taught both. Then I don't know why maybe lack of knowledge it was recognized the need for sex ed in schools. Now there is a lack of knowledge,of firearms in the general population, and parents just don't know what is right or wrong to teach that is why they should be teaching safety in schools. But you can't even talk about guns in school now without getting suspended.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

stayhigh

All gun shooting, specially the mass shooting are amusing. It is the entertainment of the new era. Embrace it. Blame 2nd amendment.

No that is just the thoughts of somebody too high to embrace responsibility.:P
I respect the second amendment along with all the others.

You can't be serious talking about education? It was a 2 year old!

Maybe American kids should be taught how to shoot a gun before they are allowed to stop breastfeeding.

Something that never ceases to amaze me is how similar the value systems are in the US and the Islamic heartlands of the middle East... Boobs are bad, guns are good, everyone is out to get you and religion is king:P

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I think that the education is to raise the overall level of gun safety awareness, like that of the mother, or anyone else riding with her who might see her doing something as stupid as putting the gun there.

It wouldn't stop all gun stupidity, anyore than sex education would stop all unplanned pregnancies and STD's. But it's harder to be stupid sometimes when everyone knows you're being stupid and calls you on it, or when you've been formally introduced to the consequences.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

nigel99

You can't be serious talking about education? It was a 2 year old!

Maybe American kids should be taught how to shoot a gun before they are allowed to stop breastfeeding.

Something that never ceases to amaze me is how similar the value systems are in the US and the Islamic heartlands of the middle East... Boobs are bad, guns are good, everyone is out to get you and religion is king:P

No how stupid of me. We should have no education on the safe handling of guns that way people will think it is ok to leave a gun where a two year old can get ahold of it.

nigel99

1) Boobs are great. And if boobs aren't your thing, that's great too.

2) Guns are neither good nor bad.

3) Everyone is not out to get me. The overwhelming majority of people, however, don't really give a shit about me and that can manifest itself in a number of ways. It would be completely impractical for me to expect everyone to give a shit about me, and I don't take it personally. I take it very impersonally in fact.

4) Religion itself is idiotic. Most "religious" people I know just use it as a way of having a social network, which is fine. Each time I've moved across the country I've used skydiving to re-establish a friend base. I suppose one could also use a church but, like picking up women at a bar, I'm not sure I'm interested in making friends with people who use church to make friends.