ryoder

No-fly list uses 'predictive assessments' instead of hard evidence, US admits

I never agreed with them arresting people as they got on a plane because they looked at a few suspect sites, then made travel plans to some country without ever doing anything leading a normal person to believe they had the means to carry it out.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

ryoder

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/10/us-no-fly-list-predictive-assessments

So apparently some fools in the US govt think "Minority Report" was a documentary.:S

and yet some people still think that gov't should be able to weed out people who shouldn't be able to buy firearms, based on what they 'think' they will do... People with no convictions or recent mental or health problems...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Anvilbrother

I never agreed with them arresting people as they got on a plane because they looked at a few suspect sites, then made travel plans to some country without ever doing anything leading a normal person to believe they had the means to carry it out.

I don't believe being on the "no-fly" list results in an arrest.

Neither do I believe the Constitution guarantees the right to travel on a commercial flight.

Maybe the lawyers will enlighten us.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***I never agreed with them arresting people as they got on a plane because they looked at a few suspect sites, then made travel plans to some country without ever doing anything leading a normal person to believe they had the means to carry it out.

Neither do I believe the Constitution guarantees the right to travel on a commercial flight.

Lmao whatever professor. No one said being on a no fly list results in an arrest, is that what you believe? I was adding examples of my aggravation about the over reaching done by the alphabet agencies for our "protection".

Are you even aware people are arrested boarding planes to other countries because of a few vague associations, or a few sketchy websites visited. These people have never even committed a crime yet are removed and charged with usually trumped up charges.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

******I never agreed with them arresting people as they got on a plane because they looked at a few suspect sites, then made travel plans to some country without ever doing anything leading a normal person to believe they had the means to carry it out.

Lmao whatever professor. No one said being on a no fly list results in an arrest, is that what you believe? I was adding examples of my aggravation about the over reaching done by the alphabet agencies for our "protection".

Are you even aware people are arrested boarding planes to other countries because of a few vague associations, or a few sketchy websites visited. These people have never even committed a crime yet are removed and charged with usually trumped up charges.

Hard to know what you mean when your writing is so confused. This thread is about the no-fly list, and YOU brought up people being arrested.

Being arrested for real or trumped-up charges is another matter altogether and has nothing necessarily to do with air travel.

Absolutely it does. It's all under the same post 9/11 justification isn't it? Let's STOP the brown guys from flying because the MIGHT be doing something that could harm america.

They no fly list does that

Them arresting people before they get on planes does that.

Both are using the thought process of vague affiliation =terroristst.

Anvilbrother

******I never agreed with them arresting people as they got on a plane because they looked at a few suspect sites, then made travel plans to some country without ever doing anything leading a normal person to believe they had the means to carry it out.

I believe a few of us here voiced our opposition to "alphabet agencies" and the ill named Patriot Act as being rather un-American and a travesty that Ben Franklin warned of 200 years ago. Then again a far greater number of the usual suspects rushed to support it when the neo-con compassionate conservatives rushed to implement it.. welcome to the world you voted for.

Anvilbrother

Absolutely it does. It's all under the same post 9/11 justification isn't it? Let's STOP the brown guys from flying because the MIGHT be doing something that could harm america.

They no fly list does that

Them arresting people before they get on planes does that.

Both are using the thought process of vague affiliation =terroristst.

Arresting someone on trumped up charges to prevent them from getting on a plane is pointless if they're already on the no-fly list.

You *MAY* have point here, but it is so poorly presented as to be impossible to discern.

Thanks. I am glad you finally realized I am in agreement with you and Amazon on these rights infringements and could discuss this without......ooh wait two insults back to back by both of you.....

It is two separate issues under the same problem, but you refuse to discuss things because I brought up another issue that is related but not exact as the scenario OP brought up so you are dismissing it as irrelevant.
SMH